Merry christmas ! What was your christmas day ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

Just try not to ride in the gutter, too close to the edge of the road. That’s often where puncture causing objects reside.

I had a Santa hat on but didn’t get a picture.
Yes i try to avoid the gutter. Possibly it just gave in after a few years. Plus i dont ride it a lot

Reactions: C R
OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

They were going somewhere to do that. I’d say a good quarter of traffic was Ubers or similar :rolleyes: (lots of Prius)
Guess you are right - all heading to christmas dinner ! 😊

chriswoody

Legendary Member
Minus 6 today with clear blue skies and lots of Hoar frost. I headed out into the forest for a lovely peaceful 25km ride.

More here:

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/your-ride-today.173254/post-6622134

I was hoping to do a longish ride ! But even my hybrid tyres got a puncture today. Am i riding in a way that is causing more punctures! Vexed ! But it was fun to ride in my elf gear ! Got a lot of Merry christmas shouts. How was your ride ? A lot more cars on the roads than expected

To a frozen lake called Bolevak in Plzen, Czech Republic with my three kids also on bikes. Received "Bad Parent Award" for letting them walk on it...

Attachments

• 1640463069522.jpg
    1640463069522.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 5

Tribansman

Veteran
Got out early (5.45) so roads completely empty and drizzle rather than the heavy rain forecast, which was a welcome surprise.

Wind was a pain though and yeah, seemed to be gusting from all directions.

Only managed just over 21 miles as had to get back for Mini T.

Aiming for a big ride tomorrow or Monday, will be my last long one of the year and only chance to put a big dent in the Festive 500

OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

Got out early (5.45) so roads completely empty and drizzle rather than the heavy rain forecast, which was a welcome surprise.

Wind was a pain though and yeah, seemed to be gusting from all directions.

Only managed just over 21 miles as had to get back for Mini T.

Aiming for a big ride tomorrow or Monday, will be my last long one of the year and only chance to put a big dent in the Festive 500
I am still mulling over the new tyre for my main bike - hve to get into long training rides.still have the issue with going downhill fear ! 😔

OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

No ride for me today but I did get out with the dog for an hour or more. Currently juggling a turkey, roasties, nibbles and a glass of wine. Just made some smoked salmon and goats cheese pate.
That sounds like feast for the whole village! I had some comfort food and the half belgian chocolate bomb ! I mean i cant move - possibly there was melted concrete in chocolate form

OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

Just an 8 mile round trip to mum's and back for Christmas dinner, but I did get my annual Festive 50k ride in yesterday in some unexpectedly good conditions.
Yes yesterday was better weather. I have to weather the weather as need to get training for P2P next year

Top Bottom