Message for the more "rounded" ladies out there

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Plax said:
*:laugh:* so if I tell you you look silly in lycra will that make you pedal faster to try and keep up with me? :laugh:
No. I am immune to reverse psychology:boxing:

martint235

Dog on a bike
TheDoctor said:
Course, we could just stop being so judgemental.
I'm not the skinniest bloke ever, and I probably look ridiculous in Lycra.
And if you tell me so, I'll ride your feckin' legs off.
[/rant]

I'm definitely not a skinny bloke but I'd change the word ride to rip!!! Once I'd caught up with you, passed you, and waited 5 mins for you to catch up.:biggrin:

Maizie

Guru
summerdays said:
Surely there is no problem with people of all shapes and sizes cycling ... the only thing in doubt is perhaps whether they are wearing appropriate clothing to keep everything under control:biggrin:
As a woman who is, erm, fuller-figured up top, I am amazed by what some people seem to be able to cycle in. For my commute, I'm in a full-on Level 4 sports bra (and other clothes too :biggrin:) I occasionally pop round to my mother's house, one mile away, just in normal clothes. Which is fine except that even a sturdy industrial-strength normal bra doesn't stop all those bumps in the road being quite discomforting...tend to walk round there now instead!

I guess the women I do see cycling in little strappy tops don't have the same problem. Mind you, I do see a fair few women runners who I think could probably benefit from better undergarmentage.

shippers said:
On a slightly different note, I'm really annoyed by the lack of cycling stuff for the larger gentleman.
I'm about 6 foot 1, 46 inch chest. In normal person clothes I'm XL or sometimes L. Go on cycle websites and I'm in the realms of XXL, which you tend not to find in sales.

I can never find gear to fit me neither. I'm 5'9" with a 32" chest, none of the budget brands go small enough and even those brands that do seem to have designed the clothes for Oompa Loopas as they're always too short.

I guess you can't win either way.

Jezston

Über Member
Maizie said:
As a woman who is, erm, fuller-figured up top,

I have prepared the cannon and have it pointed towards the sun for anyone who responds to this by asking for pics.

@Jon: time to start doing some weights!

I don't want to see anyone's muffin top...it makes me hungry.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
shippers said:
On a slightly different note, I'm really annoyed by the lack of cycling stuff for the larger gentleman.
I'm about 6 foot 1, 46 inch chest. In normal person clothes I'm XL or sometimes L. Go on cycle websites and I'm in the realms of XXL, which you tend not to find in sales.

+1 but I find British designed/made stuff tends to better recognise that it ain't just the skinny blokes who cycle these days but that ex-rugby playing brick outhouses have their place in the club peleton too.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Maizie said:
I guess the women I do see cycling in little strappy tops don't have the same problem. Mind you, I do see a fair few women runners who I think could probably benefit from better undergarmentage.

I'm one of the ones who go with the strappyish tops and the only problem I find is checking the angle when cycling ... it can look fine when you are at home standing up right and then suddenly you are cycling along leaning forward and realising that the top may not have been designed for that!

When I try on clothes in a changing room - if anyone was watching they would think me mad as I try pretend cycling legs and leaning forward!!!:biggrin:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
automatic_jon said:
I can never find gear to fit me neither. I'm 5'9" with a 32" chest, none of the budget brands go small enough and even those brands that do seem to have designed the clothes for Oompa Loopas as they're always too short.

I guess you can't win either way.

Ouch , in the past i had problems buying off the peg stuff in my twenties i had a 28 " waist and a 39 " chest so trousers came from the youths stuff and tops from adult mens, and god forbid trying to get a suit :biggrin:.
Nowadays of course age is catching up with me or is it the munchies i get on night shift .....

Kirst

summerdays said:
I'm one of the ones who go with the strappyish tops and the only problem I find is checking the angle when cycling ... it can look fine when you are at home standing up right and then suddenly you are cycling along leaning forward and realising that the top may not have been designed for that!

When I try on clothes in a changing room - if anyone was watching they would think me mad as I try pretend cycling legs and leaning forward!!!:biggrin:
I'm a fat bird with a chest, and just now while the weather's good and I'm wearing tshirts and no jacket, the people coming the other way on my commute are probably getting quite an eyeful. I don't care. I'm not about to change the way I dress to pander to the sensibilities of numpties. And if the original poster in this thread said anything like that to my face, I'd sit on him.

wafflycat

Kirst said:
I'm a fat bird with a chest, and just now while the weather's good and I'm wearing tshirts and no jacket, the people coming the other way on my commute are probably getting quite an eyeful. I don't care. I'm not about to change the way I dress to pander to the sensibilities of numpties. And if the original poster in this thread said anything like that to my face, I'd sit on him.

Brava!

Top Bottom