Message for the more "rounded" ladies out there

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dan B

Disengaged member
I support the general "wear what you like and let people learn to put up with it" attitudes on display here, but I can't help remembering that in another place and another time, one of the thread contributors here was prone to describe bib short wearers as "rejects from a Mr Muscle ad". So, I have to ask how far this tolerance extends

[/stirring]

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I also say people should wear what they like. Even, dare I say it, socks with sandals. :ohmy::blush::ohmy: That is because I prefer not to see people's toes. I think I would prefer that if you are wearing a tee shirt, that it meets your shorts etc, rather than exposing too much tummy or bum.

I would also say, I prefer the ex-rugby playing brick outhouse look to that of skinny Bertie Contador. Bert Grabsch being more my preference. ;)

tordis

summerdays said:
When I try on clothes in a changing room - if anyone was watching they would think me mad as I try pretend cycling legs and leaning forward!!!B)
Lol, I do exactly the same thing :sad: Mind you, with a flat 34AA chest like mine, there's hardly any problems. There's just nothing there that could fall out or hang down.
Women (and men) come in all shapes and sizes. Should they stay home and watch TV so as not to offend some very sensitive people? Or should they cycle in loose-fitting clothes that go in the way, and only in the dead of night? Hell no! And if some very sensitive people don't like it, well, it's their problem.

battered

Guru
There's nowt wrong with a rounded woman leaning forward in a low cut top. I was in a supermarket queue the other day behind one and seeing her packing her groceries was something to behold. I didn't know where to look. Actually, I did, I just didn't want to get caught.:angel:

My mate Big Dave has the final word on generously proportioned women. "Look kid, there's nowt wrong with a big girl. You know exactly what you're getting, and it's all woman.:sad:

I can't argue with that.

Oh and while we are on the subject can I just say I do like the current trend for young women to wear tight black leggings that show off their thighs? B)

c2c

redredrobin
Kirst said:
I'm a fat bird with a chest, and just now while the weather's good and I'm wearing tshirts and no jacket, the people coming the other way on my commute are probably getting quite an eyeful. I don't care. I'm not about to change the way I dress to pander to the sensibilities of numpties. And if the original poster in this thread said anything like that to my face, I'd sit on him.

double +1 with knobs and a cherry on top.

c2c

redredrobin
the original poster states that the more rounded gal should cover up when cycling, presumably because he finds viewing the more rounded gal as being offensive to him, but then asserts that the "brooks shields type" would be ok.

by more rounded of course, he means fat. he himself concedes that he is also a fat person. but check out his web page and hey he has lost an admirable amount of weight leaving me to conclude that he is very, quite rightly, pleased with himself. but leaving me also to conclude that he feels he is now in a position to take the high moral position with regard to other more rounded people.

dondare

Über Member
I am willing to bet that no matter who you are, what sex you are, how round (or square) you are; there are occasions when you see someone who you think should cover up a bit. It might be a fat chick on a bike or a bloke in a thong on a beach but they've broken an unwritten rule and They Must Be Told. If not directly then by public announcement.
(There are exceptions and possibly Brook Shields is one.)

dondare

Über Member
dondare said:
I am willing to bet that no matter who you are, what sex you are, how round (or square) you are; there are occasions when you see someone who you think should cover up a bit. It might be a fat chick on a bike or a bloke in a thong on a beach but they've broken an unwritten rule and They Must Be Told. If not directly then by public announcement.

('Tho if anyone told me that I'd tell them to look away. )

Kirst

Of course, the problem is these pesky modern women with their raised consciousnesses who won't accept that their whole life should be about looking nice for men and doing what they're told.

c2c

redredrobin
dondare said:

Thinking it is one thing, stating your "message for the more rounded lady", in black and white on a public forum is, in my opinion, quite another.

Mark_Robson

Kirst said:
Of course, the problem is these pesky modern women with their raised consciousnesses who won't accept that their whole life should be about looking nice for men and doing what they're told.
:biggrin: pure class:rofl: That's excellent sig material. In fact kirst can I use that please?

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Kirst said:
Oy, back in the kitchen with you!

brokenbetty

Über Member
c2c said:
Thinking it is one thing, stating your "message for the more rounded lady", in black and white on a public forum is, in my opinion, quite another.

True, but NigC still has every right to say it.

I don't think us rounded ladies should be protected from the knowledge that jiggling makes some people go ewwww. But by the same token, those people should not be protected from the knowledge that most of us just aren't that bovvered.

As you get older, you realise no matter what you wear someone will always object, so you might as well please yourself.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Kirst said:
I think there is more of a problem with pesky old-fashioned women who still think that their whole lives should be about looking nice for men and doing what they are told! :biggrin:

There are still huge sales of high-heeled shoes - what place do they have in any sane world?

Top Bottom