Michael Gledhill verdict.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Should have been charged with murder. As it is he will be "credited" for pleading guilty (despite the fact he pleaded not guilty the first time), slapped on the wrist and will probably serve a minimal sentence.

The thing that really scares me though is that in a very few years this aggressive prick will be back behind the wheel on roads used by my wife and kids.....he should be banned for life but won't be.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Would that be significantly worse than civilian jail?
You have no idea....my dad was a Redcap....the most gentle loving father a kid could ever have and would probably crawl over broken glass for my mum, but a real barsteward when it came to pongos behaving badly

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Now they just need the jail sentence and the driving ban to run consecutively, not concurrently (which I understand is usually the case). That report didn't say which.

fimm

Veteran
Jailed for four years and eight months and disqualified from driving for four years.
After pleading guilty to causing death by dangerous driving.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Now they just need the jail sentence and the driving ban to run consecutively, not concurrently (which I understand is usually the case). That report didn't say which.

Increasingly, driving bans are ordered to run 'from when you are released from prison'.

But it's still fairly new legislation, so without being in court to hear sentence passed, it's difficult to be sure when the driving ban starts.

Agreed. On that sentence he'll be out in two years most likely?

Out in two years and four months, but time spent on remand - if there is any - will count.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Typical.... suspect the prison sentence is about all that could be hoped for, given the courts penchant for leniency whenever a car is used as a weapon....I wonder how long he would have got if he'd belted John with a baseball bat.... I suspect significantly longer.

I do wonder though if courts are ever going to start handing out meaningful bans? Gledhill should never, ever be allowed behind the wheel again.....

Top Bottom