Michael Palin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy

Dayvo said:
I think he's a top fella and would enjoy having a beer/chat/laugh with him. :biggrin:

Would agree with that one Dayvo. Actually met him a few years ago and spoke briefly, very, very pleasant and seems to be naturally that way with everyone. He has packed a lot into his "post Python" days, all of it pretty damn interesting. A few beers beside a log fire, listening to some of the many stories he no doubt has to tell would be a good way to spend an evening.
After that retire to bed with Andrea Corr and you have pretty much the perfect night out! :blush:xx(

Andy said:
Would agree with that one Dayvo. Actually met him a few years ago and spoke briefly, very, very pleasant and seems to be naturally that way with everyone. He has packed a lot into his "post Python" days, all of it pretty damn interesting. A few beers beside a log fire, listening to some of the many stories he no doubt has to tell would be a good way to spend an evening.
After that retire to bed with Andrea Corr and you have pretty much the perfect night out! :blush::biggrin:

Yes, except the "chat" would be scripted, the log fire would be from props, the beers would have to be non-alcoholic for health and safety reasons, and the whole thing would be filmed by a huge crew and then shown to the nation as a "spontaneous adventure with cute Michael Palin".

Andy

Twenty Inch said:
Yes, except the "chat" would be scripted, the log fire would be from props, the beers would have to be non-alcoholic for health and safety reasons, and the whole thing would be filmed by a huge crew and then shown to the nation as a "spontaneous adventure with cute Michael Palin".

Yea 20", but the "afters" with Andrea Corr would be completely real, believe me!! :blush: (Although were it to be filmed it may be one of the shortest programmes in history :biggrin::biggrin:)

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Twenty Inch said:

Do I detect someone else who finds Mr Palin just a bit too cosy or am I clutching at straws:biggrin:

NickM

Veteran
Well that's the fault of the medium, if you ask me. There is very little spontaneity on television; it can't be made slick enough.

Unless things have changed, that is; we got rid of our television years ago.

Blonde

I like him. He comes across to me as someone who is able to communicate and connect pretty well with people all over the world and I think he presents with great humility and with a genuine interest in the countries he visits and the people he meets. To me he seems like a really nice chap and that's not just because I also think he's rather attractive...

Now, a real smug, middle-class, awfully nice chap who really should be horsewhipped and banished is that Hugh Grant! He hasn't been given air time for a decent while and a good thing too. Cant stand him!

Globalti

Legendary Member
He's a proper Gentleman and certainly not smug at all. I travel abroad a lot on business and to my eyes he's an excellent ambassador for Britain.

Tetedelacourse

I like him but I got the feeling that Miss World couldn't really be arsed with him the other night.

Blonde

Tetedelacourse said:
I like him but I got the feeling that Miss World couldn't really be arsed with him the other night.

Yes well, that's maybe because he was chatting away whilst she was trying to take it all really seriously, relax, breathe deeply and think of 'whale music' or something... well, that and the fact that she is far too young to know who he is, or how to speak to her elders and betters! :blush: Mind you, you'd think as Miss World that she'd be used to having to chat to strange men whilst wondering who on earth they are and why they are talking...

bonj2

I think the whole "Michael Palin explores a country no-one's ever heard of" thing has ceased to be a novelty a long time ago.

His Eastern Europe thing was partly faked, too. It was edited to make it seem like a continuous journey. In fact after a couple of days in each country, the licence-payers coughed up for him to fly home to his nice comfortable warm home in the Home Counties, till his researchers found some new things for him to see...then he flew out again.

Top Bottom