Michelin Pro 4 Endurance Sidewall Thread Showing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

houblon

I'm putting it down to experience. But I'd like to learn from the experience: did I buy a fake, had it been stored somewhere extremely hot or cold, should I buy another (and keep the receipt)...

vickster

Legendary Member
I wouldn’t buy another after that personally

houblon

Got a reply from the bloke I bought it from - he got it from Chain Reaction a few years ago and stored it in a shed. No reason to disbelieve him. Think I'll stock up on Pro3.

I've had that happen to one of mine but only when I broke a spoke & the wheel went out of true & rubbed on the frame until I could stop. I was going 30mph down a hill so I couldn't stop immediately. I was disappointed to see so much damage to the sidewall from so little rubbing

tire side wall.jpg

I applied a thin layer of flexible super glue until I could replace the tire. I felt safe enough on the handful of rides I had with it, in that state

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Got a reply from the bloke I bought it from - he got it from Chain Reaction a few years ago and stored it in a shed. No reason to disbelieve him. Think I'll stock up on Pro3.

I'll be honest, they don't store well. I binned some hardly used Pro4's recently - cracked very badly and they had been in a cool dark garage with no UV exposure.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Fake. I've had some of these tyres but never seen such shoddy quality of printing of the brand.

Top Bottom