Michelin Pro 4 Endurance Sidewall Thread Showing

iwantanewbike

Only ridden these for about 150 miles since fitting them and the rubber is already coming away from the sidewall leaving the threads exposed!

Don't remember them being particularly expensive although they did sit unopened for a couple of years.

Are these dangerous to ride or is it just superficial? It would be a shame not to get another 10x mileage out of this pair at least.

I bought these after reading favourable

reviews about rolling resistance but maybe I should stick to Continental from now on?

Joffey

Veteran
Looks superficial to me

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Only ridden these for about 150 miles since fitting them and the rubber is already coming away from the sidewall leaving the threads exposed!

Don't remember them being particularly expensive although they did sit unopened for a couple of years.

Are these dangerous to ride or is it just superficial? It would be a shame not to get another 10x mileage out of this pair at least.

I bought these after reading favourable View attachment 520234

View attachment 520235

reviews about rolling resistance but maybe I should stick to Continental from now on?
Looks superficial however I’ve had sidewalls blow on Conti tyres !

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I switched to mitchelin (Kyrlions, then Endurance) for a while for that very reason. Continentals were getting too expensive; one time I had a front blowout going down the Dunning Dragon on just the 2nd ride on the tyre :sad:
You just reminded me of a sidewall blowout coming down Cleish ! Schwalbe Durano . New shorts required :-D

OP
I

iwantanewbike

Update: I've ridden these for a couple hundred miles more and there has been no deterioration. I'll keep checking before every ride though

Top Bottom