Michelin Pro2 Race Tyre - any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

doyler78

You were all quite right about the wearing in period. The cornering is definitely easier now than it was when I first put the tyres on though I can't say I notice any real difference in terms of grip in the corners than I did with the Armadillos. The speed gains are more than enough in themselves.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
doyler78 said:
You were all quite right about the wearing in period. The cornering is definitely easier now than it was when I first put the tyres on though I can't say I notice any real difference in terms of grip in the corners than I did with the Armadillos. The speed gains are more than enough in themselves.

The wearing-in period certainly seems to be a real effect with Michelin slicks, I'm getting to trust my Krylions as they loose their shine....though vey soon the Reynolds PR2 combo will go back on the bike, the lights will come off and the SQR Bracket and then it's party time!

toontra

Veteran
I was out a couple of days ago in decidedly wet weather on my brand new P3R's. No problems at all. Already more grippy than many others and that's without the sheen roughened up.

Sandpaper the shine off people!

Why ride around on a slippery tire, waiting for it to bed in and become grippy? It doesn't make sense to me - think about it, you ride around for ages and get ride of most of the shine, and the only way to scrub the shoulders is to corner hard on slippery tyres?!?!?!

Sandpaper. 10mins. Job done.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Damn...my front PR2 now has a cut in the sidewall that looks terminal :angry:
I absolutely adore these tyres, but they are starting to seem a bit cut-prone. Either that or I have been unlucky.
How are the PR3's holding-up cutwise toontra? I might convert.

toontra

Veteran
Fab Foodie said:
Damn...my front PR2 now has a cut in the sidewall that looks terminal :angry:
I absolutely adore these tyres, but they are starting to seem a bit cut-prone. Either that or I have been unlucky.
How are the PR3's holding-up cutwise toontra? I might convert.

Well, after about 600 miles I've had one puncture (glass shard) and picked out 3 or 4 pieces of grit/flint which embedded themselves in the central belt without penetrating. I'm filling these holes with superglue.

I think what's happening is that the compound, in order to be grippy, is a little softer and so more prone to picking up debris. I'll hold off judgement 'till they have had more use.

How are others finding them?

Top Bottom