Michelin pro4 endurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Are these tyres any good? Looking for 25mm, comfort, favourable rolling resistance and p fairy resistance in that order. Also need to be straightforward to get on and off if the evil one does pay a visit!

Should be able to get for £27, don't want to spend more really

Cheers all :smile:

potsy

Rambler
I'm currently running their predecessors (krylions) on my best bike in 25c and really like them, not the easiest to get on the rim tbh but that might depend on the rims you have.

Had a visit early on when they were used on my CX to make it a 'beefed up road bike' but nothing in the last 700 miles since I put them on this bike.

Have just bought some Pro4 Endurance in 23c for when these wear out :thumbsup:

My rear krylion eventual started getting p'tures at 5000 or 6000miles, got 3 in a row and replaced it, I think though it could have lasted longer. The front Krylion replaced the rear and a Pro4 Endurance went on the front. I cant fault the Pro 4, it looks well, rolls well, grips well and has yet to p'ture. (I would add the disclaimer thats for me and I'm not the heaviest of riders and touchwood don't p'ture often with any tyre). About March/April I got summer wheels though and they had GP4000s on them but I'll have no hesitation puting Pro4 Endance tyres on there when the GP's wear out.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Very hard to find stock in a 25mm though.

Wiggle £26 but no stock for 2-4 weeks. I am trying to get Evans to price match

PBK are £30 and only have the 23mm. And I have read mixed reviews on their service

How do the pro4 endurance compare to the old Krylion Carbons?
Ive limited experience (just a couple of thousand miles if I'm correct) of changing my front Kyrlion ; the pro4 Endurance has never p'tured and still looks good and I think out of the pack it was a little more grippier than the Kyrlion (it took time to bed in); mitch claims it rolls better too, cant say I've noticed but it certainly isn't worse on that front. Overall it seems to be an improvement.

bornagainst

Über Member
I used to run 25mm Krylions and now use 23mm Pro 4 endurance. Zero 'piercing' punctures over a couple of thousand miles, although the rear now shows signs of wear and lots of little cuts, and I'm careful to remove any glass that gets stuck in the tyre.

Not easy to find them in 25c though, which is a real shame, as I'd buy 25mm Pro 4's no questions..

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
At first the Pro4s seemed more eager to turn in due ot the more pointy profile, but I cant say I notice it now. Either Im used to it or the pointy profile aint so pointy no more!

Other than that... No real difference that I can tell.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
The Pro4 endurance are supposed to basically be re-badged Krylions with slightly improverd performance but I can't say I can tell the difference. I ran 23's Krylions on 2 bikes for many 1000's of miles which have worn and now been replaced by Pro4 endurance and they seem to perform the same. The fit can be tight depending on the rims, they fitted easily enough on my open pro rims but were an absolute pig to fit on my fulcrums racing 5's, especially the 1st time, the hardest to fit tyre I've ever come across, but they seem to get a bit more supple and I have had a p****ture since and they were easier to get back on then. I got mine from merlin for 25.99 each but they only have them in 23's and not 25's.

Top Bottom