Michelin pro4 endurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
The fella from michelin said they'd take anyone, I told him I had emailed wiggle and ribble, both said they were not participating, he just said we'd take anyone's proof.

Funnily enough I got an email from ribble the next day saying they were doing it...

I spoke to michelin today as I noticed it says participating retailers only on the claim form and they said that only applies to car tyres they are not bothered where cycle tyres are from as long a you can provide a receipt.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Hence asking about Evans. Form will go in the post tomorrow. Cheers for the heads up :thumbsup:

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
So I was out yesterday and I got a puncture in the Pro 4 a stone lodged itself into the tyre and now there is a big slit where it was anyone got any tips for what I should do i.e. glue it up etc

pro4_zpsf39415f8.jpg

So I was out yesterday and I got a puncture in the Pro 4 a stone lodged itself into the tyre and now there is a big slit where it was anyone got any tips for what I should do i.e. glue it up etc

pro4_zpsf39415f8.jpg
Is that the front wheel, transfer it to the back would be my reccomendation. I got a similar cut with the old Kyrlions, kept on meaning to add super glue to seal it but forgot but it never got worse or p'tured again.

U

User482

My Pro 4 SCs in 25mm got a good workout in France last month. They gave me loads of confidence descending the cols - I really enjoyed attacking the hairpins and always felt I had grip to spare. I didn't notice any difference in rolling resistance compared to my 23mm Pro 3s, but the ride is definitely better, probably because I run the pressure a bit lower (85 & 95 psi front & rear) due to the bigger air volume.

They felt fairly decent in the rain on Sunday but I did pick up a puncture - a piece of grit went right through the carcass and was a right pain to dig out. Not good.

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
Wicked. I was a little slow getting my application away, but good to know they turn it around in good time. Hoping to have mine on the bike before the October downpours.

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
Apply for second set under different name...

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
My Pro 4 SCs in 25mm got a good workout in France last month. They gave me loads of confidence descending the cols - I really enjoyed attacking the hairpins and always felt I had grip to spare. I didn't notice any difference in rolling resistance compared to my 23mm Pro 3s, but the ride is definitely better, probably because I run the pressure a bit lower (85 & 95 psi front & rear) due to the bigger air volume.

They felt fairly decent in the rain on Sunday but I did pick up a puncture - a piece of grit went right through the carcass and was a right pain to dig out. Not good.

Good feedback for 25c vs 23c. I'm running 23c at the mo and I love them. I've started running them a few psi lower than I'd started and found them fast comfortable and hugely grippy. Very good in the wet too. No visitations yet (gulp) and less cut prone than the 2 or 3 so far. A great tyre!

gbs

Guru
Is that the front wheel, transfer it to the back would be my reccomendation.

Why? My gut reaction is "more weight on the back wheel therefore more stress...." Obviously, mine is not an informed opinion merely intuition.

Top Bottom