Microfibre Towels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I got mine from Mountain Warehouse as it was the only quick drying towel I could find that wasn't made from a material that makes my toes curl, and yes, they dry you properly and then dry themselves quickly. Even if you drop it into the puddle left on the shower floor.

The Mountain Warehouse ones are currently half price (around £5) with any other purchase. I use them at work as they are always dry when I've finished my shift & saves putting a wet towel back in my locker :okay:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
We use Lifeventure microfibre towels all the time in our motorhome as well as for backpacking and cycle touring. In my opinion they are brilliant. We even use them for the dogs when travelling and anything that'll dry a wet labrador gets my vote. We have every size but on my recent LEJOG camping tour I used a hand towel size for showering. Weather was so bad I wouldn't have been able to dry anything else. When I met OH halfway I junked the full size one cos I wasn't using it.
Can't imagine using cotton ones when travelling. Take far too long to dry unless weather is perfect ie never :smile:
You just have to get used to how they work. They continue to dry you off even when they seem to be wet.
Bin using them for years and I won't put up with stuff that doesn't work.
BTW Have Paramo ones, I think Lifeventure is better. It's designed for the job whereas Paramo is just another perceived use of their shirt fabric. I LOVE Paramo gear, just not for towels.
My best suggestion is; don't try cheap ones.
Mine are LifeAdventure too, pale blue in colour, though that might have changed over the years since we bought them.

OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Looking at that tent and sleeping bags, I reckon towels are way down the most packsize saving benefit list. :whistle:

:laugh: The sleeping bags do squish down smaller in the compression sacks, I just had not done it. The tent is going back as it did come unstitched in several places and needed onsite emergency fixes... plus it was rather larger than I anticipated I got it mixed up with another one I was peering at :shy: Thursday I am being taken to a camping store with tents up as it was too big for me and 2 small people tbh to peer at ones when they are up and then peer at the size of the pack when they are down and the weight.

In between I am peering at luggage... as my camping requirements do not exactly fit the same luggage as my shopping/crabbing requirements...

The aim is to lose the trailer for certain trips to be able to go on the train with the bikes & stuff...

I bought one from Tesco direct! Works brilliantly for drying you off, can't fault it - repeating the mantra again though that it's not like a normal towel. With mine (it's a large one) you just have to wrap yourself in it, and you're practically dry straight away!

OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
I feel I want to meet everyone and stroke their towels... that is so wrong on so many levels... but the worry about the "dead cat" feel is very real... small people won't care about the feel but I will... do they feel like microfibre washing up cloths? I can cope with them...

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I feel I want to meet everyone and stroke their towels... that is so wrong on so many levels... but the worry about the "dead cat" feel is very real... small people won't care about the feel but I will... do they feel like microfibre washing up cloths? I can cope with them...
I can't bear those, hence trailing round all the shops til I found one I liked. Just lucky it was Mountain Warehouse prices. :thumbsup:

Geoff Crowther

"... travel far, not fast", Ted Simon
Lifeventure ones just feel nice ... and soft ... in my opinion. I like 'em.

I've got a Lifeventure and a Mountainwarehouse towel. I find myself using the Mountainwarehouse one in preference because it is a bit more like a normal towel to use. The Lifeventure one kind of sticks to the skin and absorbs the moisture but it dries out quickly..

mmmmartin

Random geezer
I use Vileda dish wipes, the yellow things from the supermarket, they dry you with one of them and two leave you completely dry. they also dry quickly on the back of the bike in the day.

Top Bottom