Microfibre Towels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I got mine from Mountain Warehouse as it was the only quick drying towel I could find that wasn't made from a material that makes my toes curl, and yes, they dry you properly and then dry themselves quickly. Even if you drop it into the puddle left on the shower floor.

I'm looking for one that doesnt stick to my hands like Velcro...horrible feeling.

Trying to pare down the bulk and weight of camping items with the small people and bikes....

Do these microfibre towels that fold down to the size of a coke can really work?

Do they dry you? or just move the water around and do they feel like dead cat like those new fangled light weight non-towelling dressing gowns do?
I've got two and they're brilliant. Mine are like mini terry toweling. Wimps'one has a smoother surface. They dry wuickly :smile:

tommaguzzi

Über Member
I use the chammy leather type the divers use in the olympics. They are brilliant they soak up all the water and then you just squeeze them out and they are good to go again. Keep it in a plastic bag, never needs washing\drying. They squash up next to nothing too.
You can get them from swimming or diving ( pool not scuba) diving retailers.

OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
@Crackle you will be pleased to hear the faulty aircraft hanger tent was returned for a refund today... I then went to a nice independant camping shop, which had all their tents up.

The nice man followed me round with a double & single airbed and shoved them in tents when I asked him to check fit and we compared weights and needs and small children that fiddle with things they should not and settled on a nice Kampa Brean 3, which is only 10Kg, the airbeds just fit in the sleeping bit but I love it lots and it is excellant quality with a 5000HH on it and is 1/2 the size of the faulty one ^_^

15815.jpg

I did not feel towels I also had to do other shopping and could not cope with anymore after that.... :unsure:

MikeW-71

Veteran
I have a Mountain Warehouse travel towel, and it does work brilliantly. My method was to shower, then brush off water with my hands, then pat down with the towel. Dry! :biggrin:

Dries itself fast and rolls up tiny small. :thumbsup:

@Crackle you will be pleased to hear the faulty aircraft hanger tent was returned for a refund today... I then went to a nice independant camping shop, which had all their tents up.

The nice man followed me round with a double & single airbed and shoved them in tents when I asked him to check fit and we compared weights and needs and small children that fiddle with things they should not and settled on a nice Kampa Brean 3, which is only 10Kg, the airbeds just fit in the sleeping bit but I love it lots and it is excellant quality with a 5000HH on it and is 1/2 the size of the faulty one ^_^

15815.jpg

I did not feel towels I also had to do other shopping and could not cope with anymore after that.... :unsure:
I know you can't see me but I'm grinning ferociously at your sombre declaration of this being half the size of the last one. You're not talking about Thermarest airbeds either are you. You mean those humongous things that migrants cross the med on.

And you're still looking for microfibre towels!

Seriously, it takes a bit of grit to consider cycle touring with small children. I saw a couple years ago on Arran. A tandem, four panniers, one child seat, one tow-a-long with it's own panniers, trundling along happily. I did admit to wondering where the heck the nappies were stored for the tot in the seat. Actually it was probably in all four panniers.

OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

I know you can't see me but I'm grinning ferociously at your sombre declaration of this being half the size of the last one. You're not talking about Thermarest airbeds either are you. You mean those humongous things that migrants cross the med on.

And you're still looking for microfibre towels!

Seriously, it takes a bit of grit to consider cycle touring with small children. I saw a couple years ago on Arran. A tandem, four panniers, one child seat, one tow-a-long with it's own panniers, trundling along happily. I did admit to wondering where the heck the nappies were stored for the tot in the seat. Actually it was probably in all four panniers.
What are these therma rest airbeds you speak of?

Just googled them... no err no and no no no, I'd want a real bed for that price!!!

I do have a deflatey pump that inflates and also sucks all the air out of the flock matress type airbeds... so they do fold up quite small... the pump, however, is quite large :blush: light but large. I need a good nights sleep to deal with 2 small people on the road and light a fire for my morning coffee....

It is the normal blow up airbed thingies... Mr P still cannot get his head round I do actually have a limit to what I can take.. he seriously asked me last time was I taking the "anywhere bed" with me... err no! That looks like this (but a double not a single)

anywhere1.jpg

AND today he tried to persuade me to purchase the "footprint" and the "Carpet" for the tent and got told to sod off!

I am doing really well on the downsizing honest... when we go car camping, we have a 12 berth tent, full kitchen, fire pit, loo & loo tent, anywhere beds, gazebo, table, chairs, heater... plus one time a bouncy castle :blush:

Towels.... are just another step in making things smaller... I already downsized to the kelly kettle although I insist on taking some small kindling with me in case I am unable to forage for twigs and stuff.. I do have a tiny tub of vaseline and makeup remover pads that are flat for easy fire lighting, this is still loads smaller than a double burner with grill and big bottle of gas....

The chairs are not coming with us again... I will jettison cups and live with just beakers... plates & bowls are a must... I need a frying pan... but can use that as a pan pan too, I cannot live without my coffee pot... we must at least pretend to wash so I have some small sample size bottles instead of taking huge bottles of other stuff...

I shall get there slowly but surely...

I thinka big 10 Litre thing on the handlebars, 38L pannier on the back and the tent/sleeping bag on top, plus small toiletries in Maggots handlebar bag and we can do just the littlest and me for the weekend :thumbsup: wihtout the trailer... if Squidge joins us I have another 2 panniers so we can do luxury :laugh:

I am not sure I coudl do proper tour tour yet... more cycle to where we are goign set up tent then go back and forth around that area.... I do not so much like the uppey downey packing business

Last edited:
OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

Oh noes I have hit a bump in the next Grand Expidition to the Country park.... the tickets have arrived and it says no outdoor cooking only on the barbecues at the barbecue area (a traipse across another field) - bring charcoal :eek: for the big communcal barbecues :eek::eek:

How will I do coffee, will they class my Kelly Kettle as outdoor cooking?? I don't think I will be able to hide the smoke some how!

*big swear words*

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Oh noes I have hit a bump in the next Grand Expidition to the Country park.... the tickets have arrived and it says no outdoor cooking only on the barbecues at the barbecue area (a traipse across another field) - bring charcoal :eek: for the big communcal barbecues :eek::eek:

How will I do coffee, will they class my Kelly Kettle as outdoor cooking?? I don't think I will be able to hide the smoke some how!

*big swear words*
It's to stop people burning the grass :whistle:

Top Bottom