mid life crisis

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bryony

Veteran
Hello :welcome: back to the world of cycling!

OP
OP
SteCenturion

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Hi rbreid.
I took a long time to reply - lost my password somehow - Doh !!
Good to see so many Scots & Dragons welcome me.
As a mongrel Manc - 1/2 Manc half Scot (Mcr & Falkirk parentage) I have a great affinity for both the scots & the welsh. I lived in Kinloss & Elgin for 3 years while in the RAF & have been on many courses down at RAF StAthan in South Wales too.
I really enjoyed the mountain ranges (did most of them) for snowboarding back in my 20's & the rivalries between the Sots Welsh & Sasanac's too.
All good fun.
Won't bore you with more detail but thanks for your welcome.
Steve.
Hi Steve, welcome back to the fold:thumbsup:

OP
OP
SteCenturion

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Hi and welcome Greater Manchester covers quite a large area ! roughly which bit you in ?
Hi Ern1e.
Sorry for long delay in my reply, managed to forget passwords etc, so many of them these days.
I am on the outskirts of Mcr these days in Atherton, between Bolton, Wigan & Salford.
Gotta say the welcome from cyclechat members has been t'riffic.
Where do you call home Ern1e ?
Thanks.
Steve.

OP
OP
SteCenturion

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Hello and welcome . Going to insert some smiley thingys.......:welcome::snowball::santa::cold:
Hi - hill hater.
Sorry for the delayed response, managed to lose my passwords etc, so many to remember these days.
Embrace the hills, befriend them & become one with them.
On second thoughts - $$$$$cream at them.
thanks 4 the welcome.
Steve.

OP
OP
SteCenturion

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Hi Steve :welcome:

It's good to have you here. Plenty of people from Manchester on this forum. (Sadly/luckily I'm not one of them)
Sorry 4 late response rockymountain, I keep managing to forget passwords, there are so many to remember etc.
Loving the photo caption by the way.
A good likeness maybe ??
Mountain biker ??
650b or not to be ??
29er ?? What's it all about ??
I am a roadie with an interest in some occasional fire trail stuff but no room at the inn for 2 bikes just yet.
Bigger house & a garage required I think.
I might do a self build m.b around a cube hardtail frame at some point in future as I have some parts I would like to put to use & add a little variety to my cycling.
Might need to pick members brains for that @ a later date.
In the meantime,
Thanks 4 your welcome.
steve.

Hi Steve :welcome:

It's good to have you here. Plenty of people from Manchester on this forum. (Sadly/luckily I'm not one of them)

OP
OP
SteCenturion

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Hi Steve and :welcome:
I ride a Saracen MTB and just got back in the saddle after 6 years away.
To say I'm loving it is an understatement!
Enjoy!!!
Hi ScotiaLass.
sorry for delayed reply - I forget so many passwords 4 this 'n' that lately - too many to remember 4 an old geezer !
Seems there are a lot of us returning to cycling last few years.
Not so much the Wiggo effect but the Cavendish effect for me !
I have missed it all though.
The welcome on this site from members has been Grrrrrreat !!
You a Roadie or Mountain biker. ?
What's your vice ?
Thinking of mixing it up a little & doing occasional off road stuff - when space permits, bigger house & a garage required though.
Anyway - not to bore everyone to death so thanks 4 your welcome.
SteCenturion

OP
OP
SteCenturion

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Hi ScotiaLass.
sorry for delayed reply - I forget so many passwords 4 this 'n' that lately - too many to remember 4 an old geezer !
Seems there are a lot of us returning to cycling last few years.
Not so much the Wiggo effect but the Cavendish effect for me !
I have missed it all though.
The welcome on this site from members has been Grrrrrreat !!
You a Roadie or Mountain biker. ?
What's your vice ?
Thinking of mixing it up a little & doing occasional off road stuff - when space permits, bigger house & a garage required though.
Anyway - not to bore everyone to death so thanks 4 your welcome.
SteCenturion
Doh - just re - read your reply - 'Saracen MTB'. That answers that question.
May have to pick the brains of some of u MTB riders when/if I get round to doing a self build (based around a cube hardtail l think).
Cheers again.
SteCenturion.

ScotiaLass

Guru
Doh - just re - read your reply - 'Saracen MTB'. That answers that question.
May have to pick the brains of some of u MTB riders when/if I get round to doing a self build (based around a cube hardtail l think).
Cheers again.
SteCenturion.

No problem!
I used to ride on proper MTB terrain many years ago, but these days, due to numerous health issues, and a lot of Arthritis, I play safe and stick to cycle paths, canal tow paths and light trails!
I love the Saracen but it's very heavy! May get something lighter next year!
Enjoy your riding :smile:

OP
OP
SteCenturion

SteCenturion

I am your Father
:hello:Welcom Steve.
You have a lot of time to make up for but it wont take you long. Enyoy it and keep turning those pedals!:bicycle:
Cheers gavroche & sorry 4 long delay in replying.
Too many codes & passwords to remember so sometime somethings gonna give & this time it was cyclechat.
Not got a brother called Stephen & a nephew called Nicholas have you ?
That would be tooo much of an unfair advantage !!
Roadie or Mountain ?
What's your poison ??
Currently thinkin' of doing a self build hardtail MTB (based around a cube frame) although may have to postpone this for a while as time & shed space do not permit this over indulgence as yet. Neither does the missus.
I would like to mix it up a bit next year & do a little MTB but mostly road as I have a few charity rides planned & some goals to achieve.
thanks 4 the welcome.
Merry bikemass.
stecenturion.
You have a lot of time to make up for but it wont take you long. Enyoy it and keep turning those pedals!:bicycle:

You have a lot of time to make up for but it wont take you long. Enyoy it and keep turning those pedals!

Top Bottom