mid life crisis

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
SteCenturion

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Welcome to the website :smile:
Hi paul04.
Thanks 4 the welcome.
Sorry 4 long delay in replying - I have a habit of losing/forgetting passwords & sign in codes etc - far too many to remember these days - need a password for everything.
I see you are a fellow Mancunian.
I know Failsworth a little bit as I visit/pass through for work from time to time.
I am originally from Crumpsall but moved out to Atherton between Bolton Salford & Wigan around 12 years ago.
From the Carrera photo I take it you are a roadie or commuter.
I am mainly a fair weather roadie but I might have a go at a bit of Mtb as well next spring/summer just for a bit of variety. I used to do Mtb a bit in my 20's but though days are long gone (unfortunately).
What about you ? Are you a seasoned/hardened year round cyclist ?
Cheers &
Merry BikeMass.
steve.
Welcome to the website :smile:

OP
OP
SteCenturion

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Yes, but not by me. It's a Cycles Maximus which is the Rolls Royce of modern commercial rickshaws.
No problem with that. I'm flattered.^_^
Most jobs on a bike aren't actually difficult, just fiddly and you often need special tools. I'm self taught using the Haynes book for reference.:laugh:. If you have the pics on your computer you should be able to upload them by clicking on the "upload a file" button below and selecting them from the menus that pop up.:thumbsup:

Oh, and the smileys come from the menu above a post you're composing. Click on the smiley face for the options.
Cheers Rickshaw. Most helpful. I do most of this on my Smartphone - (Smartphone - Dummy user) - will work it out asap.

OP
OP
SteCenturion

SteCenturion

I am your Father
I'm a roadie and, these days, also a bit of a softy.
My favourite from Hendrix is 'All Along the Watch Tower'.
Merry Bikemass to you too.
Cheers Joe.
'Little wing' is one of my favourite Hendrix tracks.
Just tapped on your profile & gotta say you are doing quite well for 69 (don't look it) - like my father in law - who doesn't cycle now but used to fix all the posties bikes @ his old depot & enjoyed it back then.
Cheers again.
Steve.

Pico Triano

Hi Pico.

Welcome.
I am a new member also & have found all the guys/girls on here super friendly so far, so much more than other sites where people just brag about their mega money bikes.
Out of curiosity - your photo/profile looks like a very American town - where is Sackville & what's the NB for (I can work out most US State abbreviations).
So what's your vice Pico ? Roadie, MTB, Touring ??
I am currently in hiding from the Great British weather while I change some parts over on my road bike.
Glad your daughter got away scott free from the 'off' with the peugot.
Merry BikeMass.
Steve.

Thanks. Touring and commuting. Sackville is in New Brunswick, Canada. I would be riding more except I'm too far from work to bicycle commute and the beast needs a little work. Rideable but I've pretty much killed the back wheel.

Pico

OP
OP
SteCenturion

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Thanks. Touring and commuting. Sackville is in New Brunswick, Canada. I would be riding more except I'm too far from work to bicycle commute and the beast needs a little work. Rideable but I've pretty much killed the back wheel.

Pico
No problem Pico.
Sorry I got your town/country mistaken for the US, I used to work with Canadian Air Force (occasionally) & I know they are fiercely proud Canadians & don't like to be mistaken for Americans.
Talking of Americans - one formerly popular yank once wrote - "it's not about the bike".
So not matter what you ride - it's always good enough.
Got snow for Christmas yet ??
SteCenturion.

young Ed

Veteran
:welcome:
many started on alot worse bikes than you like me :sad: i have only been into cycling for fun for about 6 month'ish but already planning my 201 lejog (lands end to john o'groats) and if you don't get any of the abreviations just ask as i don't get most of them and i'm 14! :O
by the look of your bike choices you are onto road bikes shorter fast rides type things rather than MTB (mountain bike) or longer touring?
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
SteCenturion

SteCenturion

I am your Father
many started on alot worse bikes than you like me :sad: i have only been into cycling for fun for about 6 month'ish but already planning my 201 lejog (lands end to john o'groats) and if you don't get any of the abreviations just ask as i don't get most of them and i'm 14! :O
by the look of your bike choices you are onto road bikes shorter fast rides type things rather than MTB (mountain bike) or longer touring?
Cheers Ed
Cheers - young gun.
Dead on. Road bikes are my gig really - but I have dabbled a bit with Mtb in my teens & 20's & BMX before that !!
I respect all riders choices of what gets them out on a bike - even if it's not my thing.
I will get a Mtb again 1 day when $$ & house space are better but for now it's fast blasts as you guessed.
Gonna do some longer (mid length) charity rides next summer (Manchester Blackpool etc so will start to build towards that in spring.
What about u ??
What kind of cycling r u into - apart from Lejog (MANIAC).
Cheers 4 the post &
MerryBikeMass.
P.s - I have heard of the N+1 thing before but can't remember what N = ?
1st bike ??:snowball:
Cheers Ed

Cheers Ed

young Ed

Veteran
What kind of cycling r u into - apart from Lejog (MANIAC).
MerryBikeMass.
P.s - I have heard of the N+1 thing before but can't remember what N = ?
1st bike ??:snowball:

considering i'm into doing lejog apart from suicide guess what i might be into??? considering it's all on road
merry bikemass to you too
and there are 2 mathematical formulas to work out the perfect number of bikes for you
n+1= number of bike you currently own plus 1 more and n changes every time you buy another bike :biggrin:
s-1=number of bikes that would cause you and your partner to split -1
Cheers Ed
happy :bicycle:

Pico Triano

No problem Pico.
Sorry I got your town/country mistaken for the US, I used to work with Canadian Air Force (occasionally) & I know they are fiercely proud Canadians & don't like to be mistaken for Americans.
Talking of Americans - one formerly popular yank once wrote - "it's not about the bike".
So not matter what you ride - it's always good enough.
Got snow for Christmas yet ??
SteCenturion.

We're buried. Two significant storms this week. Actually got stuck sleeping at work one night. Had to snowshoe up our half km of road to get home last night.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
We're buried. Two significant storms this week. Actually got stuck sleeping at work one night. Had to snowshoe up our half km of road to get home last night.
Oh the joys of livimg in Canada.
@welsh dragon and I are about 7 degrees further north than you Pico. If it wasn't for the influence of the Gulf Stream we could be getting similar amounts of cold and snow.:wacko:

Top Bottom