mid life crisis

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
SteCenturion

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Hello fae 'just' over the border
Hi Marmion.
Sorry for long delay in replying but thanks 4.your welcome.
I have an annoying habit of losing passwords/codes for all sorts of websites/shops/accounts etc hence delay.
Where is 'JUST' over the border ?
I spent 3 1/2 years living in Kinloss & Elgin in my 20's & it was great, lots of snowboarding & a bit of mountain biking was done on the ranges there.
I am Very Manc - but my natural father was from Falkirk so I suppose I am a bit of a mongrel really.
Have you had snow yet ?
I spent good parts of winters digging people out of houses when stationed @ R.A.F Kinloss & at Buchan & Lossiemouth too !!
What's your vice ? MTB, Road or something else ?
Anyway - thanks again.
Merry BikeMass.
steve.

Hello fae 'just' over the border

OP
OP
SteCenturion

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Wow. I live in West Wales in the foothills of the Cambrian Mountains. Bora Da. Although I live here I am not Welsh. I came here from England about 13 yrs ago. I have a hybrid bike and cough and wheeze my way up and down the inclines here, while hardened cyclists whizz past me, looking at me as if they think I am pathetic, to be doing this at my age. Mid Life crisis is right. LOL.

Hope you enjoy your cycling and enjoy the forum. Ask as many questions as you like, there is always someone around who wil know the answer, and don't think you are the only middle aged peson here. There are lots of us...
Cheers Welsh dragon.
enjoy christmass.
All the best.

Venod

Eh up
Hello Afnug.
You will be a red rose wearer & proud as punch then ?
Only joking mate.
Sorry I took a while to reply - I am useless when it comes to memorising all the passwords & codes you need these days - I must have done a hundred re-sets in last few years for one thing & another.
Where in York-Cester-Shire are you ?
I had a great year with a pretty girl who lived just outside Fax back in the day.
There is a great cycle path in Yorkshire called the M62 - it 'LEEDS' straight to MANCHESTER -☆ Gods Country ☆ - 'tis a bit busy though.
Thanks 4 your welcome Yorkshire.
Merry BikeMass.
SteCenturion.

I am in Pontefract, it pains me to say this but I have had some excellent times in Lancashire mostly on the West Pennine hills, and we recently had a great weekend in Liverpool, which will always be Lancashire to me.

OP
OP
SteCenturion

SteCenturion

I am your Father
I am in Pontefract, it pains me to say this but I have had some excellent times in Lancashire mostly on the West Pennine hills, and we recently had a great weekend in Liverpool, which will always be Lancashire to me.
Hi Afnug.
Liverpool can 'Never' be Lancashire to me (as a born Manc) - I am not allowed to recognise Merseyside (it says so on my birth certificate) - 'only joking' - I have known some very nice (and funny) scousers in my time.
It's just that I believe Manchester is the Capital city of England & the place London Village wants to be :-)'
Sorry - I can't help but be bad.
Not familiar with Pontefract at all - but it is true to be said Yorkshire does have some of the most outstanding countryside.
I particularly love Stainforth Falls & its surrounding area.
Anyway won't bore you to death - gotta go & pack some road shoes to send back to Wiggle - (I can never order anything that fits 1st time).
Enjoy your beautiful countryside.
Steve.

OP
OP
SteCenturion

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Thanks 4 your welcome Pat 5mph.
As I have said to many here - sorry 4 late reply - I keep managing to lose/forget/mix up my passwords etc - these days & so can't get back on sometimes.
Anyway - Loving the tag line Paper bike rider - great play on words - Beatles fan by any chance ??
Merry BikeMass.
SteCenturion - (a play on Leigh Centurions Rugby League Club).

Pico Triano

Hi Steve.

My wife used to ride a Peugeot. It got passed on to my oldest son. He rode it until my daughter scrapped it for him on a tree stump. Kinked the top and bottom tube and destroyed the forks. She didn't even get a bruise.

OP
OP
SteCenturion

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Hi @SteCenturion and :welcome:.

Glad you're enjoying the cycling.
Hi Rickshaw Phil.
Love the tag line overconfidenti vulgaris.
'Confidence is a preference for the habitual voyeur of what is known as' - BLUR - C. 1995.
what's your vice.
Roadie, Mountain, Tourer or Chinese cabbie ??
Sorry for long time no reply - keep forgetting passwords & codes etc, got so many to remember these days.
Having a mini break while I upgrade, put my own prefered parts on my road bike, bit of a softie when it comes to British winters.
cheers 4 the welcome.
Steve.

OP
OP
SteCenturion

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Hi and a warm :welcome: to you.
I wish you all the best on your return to cycling.
'Hey Joe - where you gonna go with that gun in your hand' - Jimmy Hendrix - c1968.
Thanks 4 the welcome.
Sorry 4 long time replying - I have annoying habit of forgetting passwords/codes/I.d's etc - too many to remember these days.
What's your vice Biker Joe ?
Roadie, Mountain, Tourer ??
I am having a mini break at the mo while I upgrade/change parts on my road bike & hide from the British winter.
Bit of a softie - I know.
Merry BikeMass.
Steve.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hi Rickshaw Phil.
Love the tag line overconfidenti vulgaris.
'Confidence is a preference for the habitual voyeur of what is known as' - BLUR - C. 1995.
what's your vice.
Roadie, Mountain, Tourer or Chinese cabbie ??
Sorry for long time no reply - keep forgetting passwords & codes etc, got so many to remember these days.
Having a mini break while I upgrade, put my own prefered parts on my road bike, bit of a softie when it comes to British winters.
cheers 4 the welcome.
Steve.
I'm glad you like the tag line.^_^ It's one of the faux-latin names for Wile E Coyote in the roadrunner cartoons.

I used to ride this
HPIM0543a.jpg

which is where the user name comes from. But these days it's road touring on my old Raleigh trekking bike or the infamous knockabout bike, with the odd off-road excursion thrown in for good measure.

Both bikes are quite well modified so i know where you're coming from in wanting your own choice of parts on your bike. Some pics would be good.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
SteCenturion

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Hi Steve.

My wife used to ride a Peugeot. It got passed on to my oldest son. He rode it until my daughter scrapped it for him on a tree stump. Kinked the top and bottom tube and destroyed the forks. She didn't even get a bruise.
Hi Pico.
Hi Steve.

Welcome.
I am a new member also & have found all the guys/girls on here super friendly so far, so much more than other sites where people just brag about their mega money bikes.
Out of curiosity - your photo/profile looks like a very American town - where is Sackville & what's the NB for (I can work out most US State abbreviations).
So what's your vice Pico ? Roadie, MTB, Touring ??
I am currently in hiding from the Great British weather while I change some parts over on my road bike.
Glad your daughter got away scott free from the 'off' with the peugot.
Merry BikeMass.
Steve.

OP
OP
SteCenturion

SteCenturion

I am your Father
I'm glad you like the tag line.^_^ It's one of the faux-latin names for Wile E Coyote in the roadrunner cartoons.

I used to ride this
View attachment 34206

which is where the user name comes from. But these days it's road touring on my old Raleigh trekking bike or the infamous knockabout bike, with the odd off-road excursion thrown in for good measure.

Both bikes are quite well modified so i know where you're coming from in wanting your own choice of parts on your bike. Some pics would be good.:thumbsup:
Hi again Rickshaw.
Cool bike - looks like a lot of work went into that machine ?
Gonna 'follow/stalk' you (kidding) if this is o.k - interesting fella/taste in cycling.
My bike building skills are limited to bar/tape/stem change etc - v.basic & so I use a shop for anything else.
Would post photos if I wasn't a techno numpty (not worked out how to do the moving smiley inserts yet).
I will have a go @ some point & post before/after pics, they will be up by the next time Man City win the league (and look how long that took them - ha, ha).
Cheers.
Steve.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hi again Rickshaw. Cool bike - looks like a lot of work went into that machine ?.
Yes, but not by me. It's a Cycles Maximus which is the Rolls Royce of modern commercial rickshaws.
Gonna 'follow/stalk' you (kidding) if this is o.k - interesting fella/taste in cycling.
No problem with that. I'm flattered.^_^
My bike building skills are limited to bar/tape/stem change etc - v.basic & so I use a shop for anything else..
Most jobs on a bike aren't actually difficult, just fiddly and you often need special tools. I'm self taught using the Haynes book for reference.
Would post photos if I wasn't a techno numpty (not worked out how to do the moving smiley inserts yet).
I will have a go @ some point & post before/after pics, they will be up by the next time Man City win the league (and look how long that took them - ha, ha).
Cheers.
Steve.
:laugh:. If you have the pics on your computer you should be able to upload them by clicking on the "upload a file" button below and selecting them from the menus that pop up.:thumbsup:

Oh, and the smileys come from the menu above a post you're composing. Click on the smiley face for the options.

Biker Joe

Über Member
'Hey Joe - where you gonna go with that gun in your hand' - Jimmy Hendrix - c1968.
Thanks 4 the welcome.
Sorry 4 long time replying - I have annoying habit of forgetting passwords/codes/I.d's etc - too many to remember these days.
What's your vice Biker Joe ?
Roadie, Mountain, Tourer ??
I am having a mini break at the mo while I upgrade/change parts on my road bike & hide from the British winter.
Bit of a softie - I know.
Merry BikeMass.
Steve.
I'm a roadie and, these days, also a bit of a softy.
My favourite from Hendrix is 'All Along the Watch Tower'.
Merry Bikemass to you too.

Top Bottom