Middle-Class Crisis #37 - Turnip Recipes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
threebikesmcginty

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Before you even get to decide what to do with your vegetable, first you have to address the massive issue......is it a swede or a turnip?

Wars have been fought over less

Only by very thick people unable to distinguish between fairly easily recognisable vegetables.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
An Italian friend once introduced me to simply the coolest 'snack' ever... she sliced raw fennel onto a plate, put some black pepper on it, and she drizzled (yes, she drizzled) some olive oil over it. That was a quick snack. I wanted to marry her on the spot. :wub::wub:

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Ask Baldrick.

tumblr_m4c109wwKu1rw3ex7o1_400.jpg

OP
OP
threebikesmcginty

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
An Italian friend once introduced me to simply the coolest 'snack' ever... she sliced raw fennel onto a plate, put some black pepper on it, and she drizzled (yes, she drizzled) some olive oil over it. That was a quick snack. I wanted to marry her on the spot. :wub::wub:

Cooler than Scampy Fries?

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Turnips - small, white with a purple blush
Swedes - bigger, purple and cream on the outside, yellow on the inside
Parsnips - long and tapering, creamy white in and out
This is my experience as well. I prefer the rutabaga. Mrs. GA makes the pasty with rutabaga, as apparently that is the way its' done in da yoop.(Upper Peninsula of Michigan) Turnips are a littler thing, and less robust, perhaps inferior to both rutabagas and parsnips.

Top Bottom