Midweek doner kebab

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So simple. About three quarters of a pound of minced lamb from Steve in Chirk. Add breadcrumbs, lemon juice, fresh garlic, black pepper, coriander and cumin. Use celery salt as the secret ingredient. Knead well until all is mixed. Greaseproof paper in baking tin. Form half loaf and press down. Wrap paper over top and invert so fat runs out.

Low heat. Let it rest and cut thin slices to slip into warmed pitta bread. Add salad and especially very thinly sliced onion at the last moment. The relish of your choice and perhaps a few Heritage Red chips. Do you really want to live for ever?

Levo-Lon

Guru
Mmm sounds alright to me,I like pita anyway,but im not a fan of greasy doner you get late at night..

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
That's because it's in the oven - and starting to smell rather nice. How's your Pot Noodle?

More calorific than your imaginary shite.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I can assure you that it's quite genuine and remarkably easy to do. Essentially, it's a variant on meat loaf, which even those of the meanest intelligence can manage to cook.

It's fine Patrick. I don't want to lower my IQ to match yours to be able to pretend to cook such unappealing imaginary shite.

OP
OP
Cycling Naturalist
That is not doner, it lacks the layers of boned out breast interspersed with the minced stuff that give doner its structure.

Obviously. it's much simplified, but I rather suspect the average Kebab house is buying in some fairly industrial stuff. It's a very simple midweek option and the surplus is excellent for sandwiches and rolls - use either mint or red jelly. It only gets time consuming if you mess around with a lot of fresh sauces. Normally, I'd just use some Greek yoghurt with onion and cucumber, but I bought some remaindered Co-Op Ceasar sauce which is excellent and saves having to strain the cucumber.

Top Bottom