Might be asking in the wrong place BUT has anyone ever....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
I have an uncle that's had it done twice! He started at a similar weight to you but is now down to 100kg or so, unfortunately (not for him) he lives in Thailand.

I've been worrying a bit about it myself having gone from 20st down to 13st 4lb (as of this morning) but I'm hoping things will eventually 'tighten up'!

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
eldudino said:
I have an uncle that's had it done twice! He started at a similar weight to you but is now down to 100kg or so, unfortunately (not for him) he lives in Thailand.

I've been worrying a bit about it myself having gone from 20st down to 13st 4lb (as of this morning) but I'm hoping things will eventually 'tighten up'!

Hiya mate

Thanks for the reply, way to go on the loss, for the first 10 stone I lost skin wasnt too much of an issue, so fingers crossed for yourself.

Re your Uncle, what sort of recovery time did he need ? I probs wont have the op for 12 months or so but Im worried about just how long I will be off work and the bike, do you have any ideas ?

Thanks and congrats again

Gaz

ASC1951

Guru
No personal experience, but it is something that features quite often on the telly. It's a relatively risk-free but still serious operation - general anaesthetic, hours of surgery rather than minutes, the works.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Jaguar said:
I had pretty major surgery (though not your kind) then chemo ... I was back on the bike 4 months later. If that helps

Ouch, I was worried someone might say 4 weeks to me !!!!! but 4 months WOWZERS, I know we are all diffrent and I thank you for sharing.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
gb155 said:
Hiya mate

Thanks for the reply, way to go on the loss, for the first 10 stone I lost skin wasnt too much of an issue, so fingers crossed for yourself.

Re your Uncle, what sort of recovery time did he need ? I probs wont have the op for 12 months or so but Im worried about just how long I will be off work and the bike, do you have any ideas ?

Thanks and congrats again

Gaz

PM sent Gaz.

Top Bottom