Mile End 05/11/2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Twelve Spokes

Time to say goodbye again...
Lorry and cyclist.Saw cyclist lying in the road (covered up) no one attending,police cars blocking road off.Must have happened just before I got there,but bit sketchy with my info.Had to walk off.Surprised nothing has been posted yet.

Noticed how many people were just standing around watching and I was not happy with this.Motorists also rubbernecking.

Chris M

I just got diverted by this on CS2 Westbound, got home to hear on the news the cyclist was dead.

stowie

Legendary Member
I went past this about half an hour ago. The road was shut. Sadly I believe the MET confirm that the cyclist died after a collision with a HGV.

Horrible. My thoughts are with the family.

OP
OP
T

Twelve Spokes

So sad but seeing it first hand makes it worse.They are all bad,sorry if that last remark is insensitive.:sad:

R.I.P

Last edited:

stowie

Legendary Member
So sad but seeing it first hand makes it worse.They are all bad,sorry if that last remark is insensitive.:sad:

R.I.P

I understand what you mean. I have seen three traffic accidents recently including this one - two with cyclists and one involving a small child and reading it in the newspaper is one thing, seeing the aftermath is absolutely horrible.

OP
OP
T

Twelve Spokes

I got there at 16:43 according to my camera.

I understand what you mean. I have seen three traffic accidents recently including this one - two with cyclists and one involving a small child and reading it in the newspaper is one thing, seeing the aftermath is absolutely horrible.

Yes.I agree

OP
OP
T

Twelve Spokes

I knew it was bad when I saw the bike.Cycling has made me sad twice in two months.:sad:

spen666

Legendary Member
A very sobering sight tonight as I rode past. It was clear that it had been a fatal accident from all the police at the scene.

My thoughts go out to the family and friends of the deceased. A tragic loss

For me, it brought back memories as 4 years ago today within 20 yards of this accident scene I was hit from behind by a car and ended up off work for 3 months because of my injuries. Not something I wanted to be reminded of.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
The Holborn one looks like the coach had to turn from the 2nd lane which is marked straight on. That whole junction is a nightmare. I did some work in the building above Sainsburys and had time to watch the traffic and people there. So many lucky people, even on Saturdays.

Top Bottom