Miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

yenrod said:
100 and a few - all on my own too :tongue:

At that point in my life I was riding 1000mls a week.

----------------

Hold on, hold on, hold on - a min. i dont talk that much crap ! :tongue:

1000mls a MONTH ! :thumbsup:

bonj2

Admin said:
94 miles last April when I did the Northern Jersey handover to Arch.

Would like to try again and get the actual 100 mile barrier broken this year if I can, but my fitness is a bit crap at the moment and my weight has shot up since I last tried the 100 so it'll have to be later in the year if I manage to get into better shape. :laugh:

Can't believe some of the mileages quoted here though ... some of you lot are bloody fit and fast ... those totals seem to equate to all-day 20mph+ averages, wow!!!

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

that's what they'd like you to think but it's actually bollocks :rolleyes:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
101... on a mtb, taking my time, stopping for lunch, to take photos, etc... Took me all day, and was very pleasant. Last summer, it was. Hoping to do 100 on the roadie in a couple of weeks' time, with a friend, as practice for the Northern Rock Cyclone in June, which will also be 100. So by then I'll have done 3 100 milers...whoopee for me!

Bodhbh

Guru
Done a few 100-115milers now with the camping gear (last one was Saturday). I'd like to do the 165 mile run up to my folks in the next few weeks for the hell of it, hoping if I can do 115 with all the kit then it shouldn't be too much of a stretch. I am very slow tho, must average 10-12mph.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
106.15 miles on Friday 10/04/09 was the night ride to Southend from HPC leaving at midnight, cycled back to London Waterloo, with much help and encouragement from friends. The average speed was 12.48mph but that was riding time only. Lots of stops etc, some planned, some due to my right knee trying to give way.

I'd say 10 hours riding time would be about as much as I'd want to do, or enjoy, at present. I need to rest/refresh after about 30 miles so 120 would be looking at 12 hours all in. I think that would be plenty for me at present.

What I want to do is keep improving my speed and fitness so that I can cruise/amble at a better rate. Though I could just about keep up with a medium paced ride(15mph) I wouldn't get to smell the flowers much right now:biggrin:

HelenD123

Legendary Member
106.31 yesterday (Just pipping MacBludgeon!)

Brains

Legendary Member
I've done several 70+ mile days, often on a a fully loaded tourer with flat bars.
Perhaps I should try for a century. Dunwich dynamo sounds interesting ....

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
130.42miles on the Tnrttc to Saff'end and back. Hoping for more on the Fnrttc to Brighton, but theres a Scottish cup final that day so may have to get the train back to london... but i dont want to, but the beer and kebabs are calling me.... arrrggghh!!

Top Bottom