Milkmen.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Round here we get our milk from cows, not men.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
It must be around 35 years since i saw a milkman in Birmingham. Stopped having milk delivered when i went back to work after having my kids. There arn't any milkmen around here. I have been here for 18 years, and have never seen one.

robjh

Legendary Member
As a hostage?
Yeah. The neighbours have been wondering where their morning doorstep pintas have got to lately.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Ours has just changed. Charlie, where are you? Hope all is well. I know it costs a lot more but, we pretend it doesn't!

MikeG

Guru
Do any of you know of any milkmen? I haven't seen one in my part of the world for yonks!

We get our milk delivered 3 times a week, and have done for ever. It is a little more expensive than buying it in the supermarket, but I like the convenience, and I particularly like helping to keep the milk round going. Some elderly neighbours who don't have internet skills (or maybe even a computer), and who can't drive, are reliant on the milkman for their fresh milk, and so I don't mind paying a few pennies extra per pint to help ensure the round continues.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
[QUOTE 5010676, member: 45"]We lived in Cotteridge between 1996 and 2002 and we'd hear them at that house. I think the glass-bottle dairies disappeared in the 90s.

It appears that there might still be some proper floats around -
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/brave-milkman-injured-after-clinging-6022973[/QUOTE]

I had no idea they were still operating in brum. We stopped having one because as i was at work all day, the milk would go off in the summer time.

Top Bottom