Milkmen.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My sister still has milk delivered in Coventry. She doesn't get ALL of her milk delivered though, because it is "too expensive" so she walks to her local supermarket to buy the rest ... :whistle:

The milkman calls round at about 22:30 to get paid. My sister normally goes to bed at 22:00 so she stays up to pay him. Why she can't pay him when he is dropping the milk off, I don't know!

The whole thing confuses me ... :wacko:

U

User482

We stopped having milk delivered, as it used to turn up after we left for work, and sit on the doorstep all day.

pawl

Legendary Member
We get our milk delivered 3 times a week, and have done for ever. It is a little more expensive than buying it in the supermarket, but I like the convenience, and I particularly like helping to keep the milk round going. Some elderly neighbours who don't have internet skills (or maybe even a computer), and who can't drive, are reliant on the milkman for their fresh milk, and so I don't mind paying a few pennies extra per pint to help ensure the round continues.

My sister has a local milkman.Good job,as she is somewhat wobbly on her feet.She can manage lighter shopping but bottles beat her.

We get our milk delivered 3 times a week, and have done for ever. It is a little more expensive than buying it in the supermarket, but I like the convenience, and I particularly like helping to keep the milk round going. Some elderly neighbours who don't have internet skills (or maybe even a computer), and who can't drive, are reliant on the milkman for their fresh milk, and so I don't mind paying a few pennies extra per pint to help ensure the round continues.
Same for us too. All payments and any order changes can be done the night before via an app.

Odd init. No one thinks anything of getting a pizza delivered via JustEat/Deliveroo/whatever but not milk.

screenman

Legendary Member
We stopped having it delivered 6 months ago, the dairy/depot was 28 miles away.

PK99

Legendary Member

Our approach to. Delivered before 5am. Pay by direct debit

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
We get our milk delivered, pretty sure he comes around in the middle of the night because what ever time you get up he's been. We pay more for the convenience but it doesn't bother me.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
We still get milk delivered. However it is getting very expensive. 85p a pint, compared to supermarkets around here of 80p for 2 pints.
We get 6 pints a week from the milky and any top ups from the supermarket.

Top Bottom