Milkmen.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Celine

Discordian
We still get milk delivered. It is more expensive, but one extra motorised trip per month to the supermarket if the milk has run out would cost more. Until about 2010 it still came in glass bottles and wasn't homogenised, so first up got the top of the milk on their weetabix. Unfortunately it's now homogenised in plastic cartons.

We get our milk delivered, pretty sure he comes around in the middle of the night because what ever time you get up he's been. We pay more for the convenience but it doesn't bother me.
Bet you never see him and Santa at the same time either or for that matter I bet you don't get milk delivered on Xmas day.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
7CC17B37-E177-469A-AD8C-512DEFFC73A5.jpeg

This was how we used to have our milk delivered.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I was a milkman , 14 years ago .
Got another job as the ours were a killer if you wanted any sort of normal life , even worse if you have kids.Started at 2 am 6 days a week and thursday/ friday could be 15 hours of work delivering and collecting.
The local milkmen now do 2 rounds alternate days to get enough sales to make enough sales to keep it profitable, you were never going to compete with loss leaders from supermarkets so you had to sell convenience.
I really liked the job but i dont miss it .

screenman

Legendary Member
Did milkmen get the same legendary benefits as window cleaners?

I saw nakedness twice, if that is what you mean.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Still have an odd few about but there small 3.5 ton vans now.
The very heavy old battery one's from my childhood disappeared yonks ago, i love that old term.
How long is a Yonk?

screenman

Legendary Member
Good heavens above. How did that come about?

If you think I am going to get you all excited by going into detail then you are wrong.

Walking along one of those communal outside balconies on a block of flats, early morning, light on and curtains open. More likely some invitation to a good looking young milkman. I run as fast as possible just in case.

Top Bottom