mini dv md80 camera...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevo

Hi thought i would just let people know about this camera.
Some people may know already.
Its just a cheap copy of the muvi veho.
but does the job and only cost £17.00 all in off eBay.
Not brilliant quality video but hey what do you want for £17.00.
just have a look on you tube before you decide to buy one,this will give you a good idea of video quality.

MINI DV MD80.

STEVE.:thumbsup:

Mark_Robson

I got mine for a buy now price of £12.50 can't wait for it to arrive. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
stevo

stevo

Mark_Robson said:
I got mine for a buy now price of £12.50 can't wait for it to arrive. :biggrin:
Hi mark i just got one waiting for it to come.
They look ok on you tube so see how it go`s.
Just thought i would let people know about them as they are cheap.:ohmy:

Mark_Robson

I checked out the Youtube vids for them as well Stevo and they look like a fantastic bargain for the price. Only thing that is a little vague is how long the battery life is. Bloody great time for air traffic to be grounded though. I want my cam :biggrin:

Mark_Robson

The advertised battery life is supposed to be two hours but the reviews seem to to suggest that an hour is about average. I wonder if you can buy a usb dynamo? :biggrin:

OP
OP
stevo

stevo

Mark_Robson said:
I checked out the Youtube vids for them as well Stevo and they look like a fantastic bargain for the price. Only thing that is a little vague is how long the battery life is. Bloody great time for air traffic to be grounded though. I want my cam :sad:

Yes i know i want mine too.
They do look good on you tube i have looked at a few videos just the battery life like you said.
but you also have too get a good SD card too.:ohmy:

OP
OP
stevo

stevo

g00se said:
I can get about an 45 minutes recorded fine. Prob longer but usually recharge it after that.

Hi goose what SD card are you using for yours as i want to get a good one for it .
thanks.
Steve.

marinbearvalley

Note that the original ones record about an hour per Gb, the clones do about 15 minutes per Gb.

You cannot remove the timestamp and having to keep setting it is a faff.

OP
OP
stevo

stevo

marinbearvalley said:
Note that the original ones record about an hour per Gb, the clones do about 15 minutes per Gb.

You cannot remove the timestamp and having to keep setting it is a faff.
Hi marinbearyvalley did not know about that i will just have to buy a few SD cards now thanks for the info.
i also read somewhere that you can use virtual dub to remove the date stamp.:ohmy:

g00se

Veteran
stevo said:
Hi goose what SD card are you using for yours as i want to get a good one for it .
thanks.
Steve.

Class 6 micro SD - something makes me think that there might be a limit of 4GB but I can't be sure.