Mini pump, yes I'm angry..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ASC1951

Guru
cyberknight said:
Yes i have snapped at least 1 valve with a mini pump after a roadside delivery
Can I recommend the method in my earlier post? Works for me.

Arch

Married to Night Train
phil_hg_uk said:
I have a TOPEAK Road Morph excellent pump.

813-2216-main-road-84.jpg

Me too. I'm tempted by a mini, but I want to check it'll fit in the seat pocket of the Trike (my morph is too long).

On the other hand, I've still not got round to getting a proper track pump yet.... I borrow the work one every so often.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
If I don't have the space or fittings for a proper frame pump, I take CO2. The Truflo CO2 device is very small and well designed - it screws to the valve so it doesn't leak. Only needed it twice in 18 years or so, and it worked perfectly each time.

Doug.

Veteran
Slow motion.
Hard luck old chap,punctures are like tax collectors (not wanted)
What I have used is a aerosol type of tin with a flexible pipen that blasts air and liquid latex in to the tyre.
Thus blowing the tyre up and mending the puncture.
They are of a small size and not expensive to buy.
Very convenient but possibly not for the purist who would change the tube there and then.
Yours
Doug.

OP
OP
slowmotion

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Thank-you for all the advice. It looks like I have made a choice. I greatly appreciate your posts.

Well, I would hate you all to think that I am the kind of person to hold a grudge....but actually I am :ohmy: :biggrin:

Kneeling in the gutter, on Friday night, with happy partygoers swirling around me, my glasses fogging up, and rain dripping down my neck, and into the pannier, I swore a terrible oath..."TELL THE WORLD ABOUT CRANK BROTHERS PUMPS". My personal opinion remains that they are a sack of leaking poo. It seems I am not entirely alone....

http://www.singletrackworld.com/for...mini-pump-pile-of-w-blood-pouring-help-please

I wish you all no visits from the Fairey, and a lot of thanks.

Best wishes

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I have a crank brothers power pump, not the smallest one (the ultra and the pro?). It's pumped up at least four different tyres sizes on four different bikes. It's the best pump I've ever owned. I can see the smaller versions having issues. I was considering the road morph/MTB morph etc but wanted something that'll fit in my coat pocket and jacket pocket. The others might well be better than that. Wish I'd had my crank brothers on the FNRttc last October as I wouldn't have been riding around on 9psi.

OP
OP
slowmotion

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
A final update. A visit from the Fairy yesterday near Fulham football ground. She was gentle, and I could drag the bike under a shady tree away from the beating sunshine and set to work removing a whole load of glass shards from the tyre.

That Lezyne Road Drive pump is fantastic. The "old style" hose connection makes it so much easier to use than a fixed head pump, and there is no danger of stressing the valve. It is also a joy when pumping. Absolutely no effort or time to get the tube up to what felt like about 7 bar from a squeeze of the side wall.

A great pump.

kyuss

Veteran
I rate the Road Drive highly too. Only had to use it in anger twice but it's the first mini(ish) pump that I've used that isn't just a 'get me home' solution.

I got it a year ago and tested it at home first. 100psi in under 60 seconds with little or no effort, and another minute and a bit of grunt got it up to 130psi (tested on my track pump). They'd go higher than that with a bit of effort, but even a fat bastard like me doesn't need more. You can get an inline pressure gauge if you fancy being accurate out on the road. They're pretty as well. I love em.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Having had a 'problem' at the start of the clubrun on Saturday, I needed to use my (rarely used) minipump http://www.topeak.com/products/Mini-Pumps/MicroRocketCB
- it works beautifully and takes up very little space in the saddle pack. Admittedly difficult to get the tyre quite as hard as with a track pump, but got pretty close with little effort on a very hot morning - so if you want a really light small pump I would recommend this one.

Top Bottom