Minor races 2018 (contains spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I've got no commentary so I was struggling to work out who was the Sunweb rider in the lead group until the caption just flashed up - it's Teunissen. That's a great ride by him.
Right up until he blocked Vanmarcke as Lampaert attacked... Vanmarcke could rightly feel slightly aggrieved at that, although you could say it was a tactical error not to stick to Lampaert's wheel after he was so strong in catching Pedersen's attack.

Adam4868

Guru
Very clever to jump from the front when they were all looking out for someone attacking from behind... ^_^
Clever wasn't the word I was looking for ! Well deserved though.

mjr

Nice to see one of those tits with the advertising flag fail with their positioning and be obscured by the 100m to go board. Advertising frits, but I've no idea what brand :laugh:

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Not deliberate, at least.

Vanmarcke could have got past Teunissen if he'd reacted quicker to Lampaert's move rather than fannying about, hanging off the back of the group. By the time Lampaert moved back across the road to rejoin the group, Vanmarcke had already missed his chance.

mjr

Vanmarcke could have got past Teunissen if he'd reacted quicker to Lampaert's move rather than fannying about, hanging off the back of the group. By the time Lampaert moved back across the road to rejoin the group, Vanmarcke had already missed his chance.
Wrong names? But I think I know what you mean - what I meant by tactical error by Vanmarcke, moving to the back ready to attack instead of sticking to Lampaert. Probably easily done after that far in the cold and sometimes very wet - I'm pretty sure the German commentary said it was "raining like out of tubs" (regnet wie aus Kübeln) but I may have misheard that.

mjr

Bit of a borderline sprint from Alaphillipe at Tour of the Basque Country today? Started against the barriers, finished near the middle of the road. Only got away with it because there were so few around him?

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Apparently it was the Scheldeprijs today. Sounds like it was a bit of a lively affair. Demare and Groenewegen were among a bunch of riders disqualified for nipping through a rail crossing as it was closing, and Kittel and Hodeg were both put out of contention by late punctures. There was also a crash involving a parked car on the course. Grim conditions with rain and crosswinds ripped the peloton apart in the last 100km, and there were only about 30 riders left in the bunch by the time it reached the finish.

And quelle surprise, another win for Quick Step - the 21yo Fabio Jakobsen.

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Apparently it was the Scheldeprijs today. Sounds like it was a bit of a lively affair. Demare and Groenewegen were among a bunch of riders disqualified for nipping through a rail crossing as it was closing, and Kittel and Hodeg were both put out of contention by late punctures. There was also a crash involving a parked car on the course. Grim conditions with rain and crosswinds ripped the peloton apart in the last 100km, and there were only about 30 riders left in the bunch by the time it reached the finish.

And quelle surprise, another win for Quick Step - the 21yo Fabio Jakobsen.

His 2nd win of the season

Top Bottom