Minor races 2019 (contains spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
MVDP wins the sprint. What a talent to beat JA and MM in a sprint.

A fine sprint indeed, it look as though JA shut the door on MM but he would have been well beaten in any case.

Amstel on Sunday is shaping up to be a cracking race.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Geoghan Hart off in a breakaway with teammate Sivakov plus defending champ Nibali and Majka in the Tour of the Alps but under 10s gap with 7km still to go so looks unlikely to survive.

U

User169

Rather less good day for the Dutch rider, Robbert de Greef (Alecto) this weekend - he's only 27 but suffered a heart attack while on a cobbled section right near the start of the Omloop van de Braakman. He's been placed in an artificial coma, and he is said to be in serious danger. I hope he recovers.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/de-greef-placed-in-artificial-coma-following-heart-attack/

Still in a coma. If his condition improves, he'll be eligible for a heart transplant.

Adam4868

Guru
Another first pro win for another sky rider 21 year old Pavel sivakov at tour of the alps
Great stage again,I read of Sivakov recently bring touted as a 'young Froome' ! I think his mum and dad were both cyclists Theres certainly great talent coming through.

Adam4868

Guru
Nice to see Nibali attack yesterday,hes looking good.Froome playing domestique for Sky,Sivakov.Ill watch today's stage later this evening.

dragon72

Guru
Sky bossed that stage and dealt with Nibali really well. I love how Nibali attacks even in races where he doesn't need to. He's the most entertaing GC contender in procycling of his generation, IMO.

Top Bottom