Minor races 2019 (contains spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Apparently david gaudu ..."claimed" ….to have a mechanical in the final 3km and was given the same time as the peleton and is in third place 38 secs behind roglic.
I didn't realise the 'same time rule' was for mechanicals as well as crashes.
I had wondered why James Knox wasn't the young rider leader though. Shame.

bloody hell this is a slow stage, half hour behind the slowest estimated time :tired::tired:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Apparently david gaudu ..."claimed" ….to have a mechanical in the final 3km and was given the same time as the peleton and is in third place 38 secs behind roglic.
It did look like it was mechanical not rider to me because he seemed to be OK so I guess he was confident of being given the same time. Has anyone reported what it was?

Adam4868

Guru
I thought Dan Martin might take the stage when he attacked, surprised at no attack from Valverde, De Plus did a monster turn at the front on that climb
Probally not steep enough ?

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It wasn't as decisive as it was built up to be .
Tom Dumoulin failed to get Sunweb off the mark in 2019.
Have AG2R got anyone who can win a race?

Adam4868

Guru
Naesen for a classic ? Or should that be Bardet..I've always liked Bardet,and he showed last season (Strada bianchi) that he'll have a go at anything.Its a shame he's just missed out on quite a bit.It would be hard to think he'd win a grand tour ?

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Naesen for a classic ? Or should that be Bardet..I've always liked Bardet,and he showed last season (Strada bianchi) that he'll have a go at anything.Its a shame he's just missed out on quite a bit.It would be hard to think he'd win a grand tour ?
They're possibles, true, but usually find someone to beat them. Bardet is one of my favourite riders so I hope it's him.
They've got a few who can win the odd breakaway, Vuillermoz, Geniez, Latour, Gougeard?
They'll be last to win this season I suspect.

Adam4868

Guru
Today's E3 ? GVA ? Another Stannard solo would be nice !
As for Bardet same with me,always liked him.Its a shame there's so much reliance on TT in the tours.But at least there a great attacking team.His time will come,+(been saying it for years !)

Top Bottom