Minor races 2019 (contains spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

And Chantal Blaak.

The commissaires had to neutralize the women’s race just as they were about to overtake the men.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
And Chantal Blaak.

The commissaires had to neutralize the women’s race just as they were about to overtake the men.

Yes, I heard that on Eurosport.
Do you have any details DP ?

OT, perhaps: should we have a separate thread for the "2019 Spring Classics" ?
I feel that "Minor races 2019"rather undermines their status.

Oh, and great win by Stybar; he saw the opportunity and took it.

Last edited:

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Too much pissing about for second place !

That's bike racing.
Stybar took off, everyone else waited for Van Avermaert to chase. Van Av knew it was up to him and he had to either burn his matches to try to get back on terms with Stybar knowing that he would tow the rest of the group to the line or he had to wait as he was, probably, the best sprinter in the that group and settle for second. I think he made the correct decision, especially as he'd already made several efforts to close down a few breaks prior to Stybar launching.
Exciting racing.
I love the one day races; so much more satisfying than the Tours.

Adam4868

Guru
That's bike racing.
Stybar took off, everyone else waited for Van Avermaert to chase. Van Av knew it was up to him and he had to either burn his matches to try to get back on terms with Stybar knowing that he would tow the rest of the group to the line or he had to wait as he was, probably, the best sprinter in the that group and settle for second. I think he made the correct decision, especially as he'd already made several efforts to close down a few breaks prior to Stybar launching.
Exciting racing.
I love the one day races; so much more satisfying than the Tours.
Yea it was a deserved win.Can he win today again,his form and his team look pretty good !
I opened a thread just for the classics ?

Adam4868

Guru
Duh ! It's cause I couldn't spell it !

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Good win for Cees Bol (Sunweb) over Pascal Ackermann (Bored Hands Grower) today at Nokere Koerse but a lot of crashes, including a breakaway Roompot rider ending his break by failing to stay in (or bump out of) the gutter on a cobbled section and a complete horror crash on the start of the finish cobbles which looked to be started when someone clipped a decelerating lead-out man and ended with at least three riders finishing in ambulances including van der Poel. :sad:

Highlights times over in the TV thread. Interesting stereotypical Belgian early-season racing but probably not for the squeamish!

Adam4868

Guru
Good win for Cees Bol (Sunweb) over Pascal Ackermann (Bored Hands Grower) today at Nokere Koerse but a lot of crashes, including a breakaway Roompot rider ending his break by failing to stay in (or bump out of) the gutter on a cobbled section and a complete horror crash on the start of the finish cobbles which looked to be started when someone clipped a decelerating lead-out man and ended with at least three riders finishing in ambulances including van der Poel. :sad:

Highlights times over in the TV thread. Interesting stereotypical Belgian early-season racing but probably not for the squeamish!
Watched the highlights last night,your right it was like wacky races ! Plenty of pinch points that saw quite a few in the dyke at one point.Some lovely commentary also"well that's what you expect racing in Belgium"

Adam4868

Guru
Groenewegen took the win in 3 days panne.Gaviria and Viviani in 2,3.He made the final Sprint look suprisingly easy.The man to beat in the sprint at the moment it seems.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Groenewegen took the win in 3 days panne.Gaviria and Viviani in 2,3.He made the final Sprint look suprisingly easy.The man to beat in the sprint at the moment it seems.

In a power sprint like this one absolutely - he is a beast. Put a slight gradient in or some wind or a more crowded field, or technical turns just before the end and he's vulnerable to the cleverer sprinters or those with greater acceleration over short distances.

Top Bottom