Miranda Hart Comedienne

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

brokenflipflop

Veteran
Comedy is weird.

I'd rather go for a run than watch John Bishop or Peter Kay (and I loathe running) yet their dvds and books top the charts. I'd say they're unfunny, but countless Britons disagree, evidently.

I like Miranda, personally, although I've not heard this stint on Radio Two, I enjoyed the shows she co-hosted with John Holmes.

One mans meat etc.

Although I find scousers irritating I quite like Bishop and Kay is really funny.

The show she co-hosted I thought was shocking. He was Ok but she was obviously shoe-horned in as the "celebrity" to the qualified radio presenter Holmes. She makes Chris Evans look good. Still it's all down to taste.

I did a job actually at St Gregory's in Farnworth where Pheonix Nights was filmed. The caretaker said that one day a couple of coaches full of people turned up from Brum out of the blue just to see where it was filmed - he let them all in so they could have a look around. Now that is keen.
smile.gif

TVC

Middle of the road, familiar, unchallenging. Like all Saturday night tv. Mogadon for the masses, as someone better than me once said.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Have you read Jo Brands Autobiography:

Got fat.
Became a comedienne and only use material mocking my weight with occasional sarcasm.
Host Have I got news for you.

I used to like her, until I realised that all of her jokes were exactly the same, i.e. about how fat she was, so now I can take her or leave her (she is amusing occasionally).

I'd rather go for a run than watch John Bishop

He seems a reasonable kind of chap, and I haven't seen him doing anything too crude yet, unlike like Russel Howard who is amusing, but then takes it too far and never knows where to stop.

or Peter Kay

If people hadn't gone on about him about 5 years ago like he was the next effing Messiah, then yes, I might just have liked him :rolleyes:

+1

She grew on me.

I wouldn't say Miranda Hart is hilarious or anything, but I still like her because she's different physically from most of the stick insects woman on TV.

I did a job actually at St Gregory's in Farnworth where Pheonix Nights was filmed. The caretaker said that one day a couple of coaches full of people turned up from Brum out of the blue just to see where it was filmed - he let them all in so they could have a look around. Now that is keen.
smile.gif

Where were they from, The Birmingham Mental Hospital??

rualexander

Legendary Member
I thought she was funny as the cleaner in Lee Mack's Not Going Out series but wasn't impressed with her in her own series.

OP
OP
B

brokenflipflop

Veteran
I know I know, I was working there and I didn't want a look around. I don't think I'd get on a coach at daft O'clock in the morning to go 70 miles up the M6 to a dive of a social club in Farnworth
tongue.gif

Brummies. You've got to love 'em
smile.gif

colly

Re member eR
ha ha ha :biggrin:

I have to admit I have just had to use a search engine to look her up. even after looking at her own website I don't recognise her from anything.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
[QUOTE 1579846"]
I like Miranda.
[/quote]

Yes. She was brilliant in Nick Frost's series set on a spaceship (which google tells me was called Hyperdrive) and she's very good in her own show.

Oh, and she's a comedian. I realise the subtle political point I'm making may get lost...

miranda is one of the funniest things on the box. one the few shows i would make an effort to watch.

john bishop is just one more in a long line of professional liverpudlians. i just don't get it

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
Brokenflipflop and his ilk sound like Second Lieutenant Steven Hauk (?) in Good Morning Vietnam: "I know comedy and that's not funny".

Imagining you're the arbiter of everything that is, or isn't funny has to be the hight of conceit.

Top Bottom