Miranda Hart Comedienne

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
she's not funny and she's only got a show so the bbc can say they doing their 'equality' bit for women's comedy. much like every show seems to need a token black, homosexual, or asian person, or heaven forbid, a ginger person,when the theme or script doesn't call for it.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
she's not funny and she's only got a show so the bbc can say they doing their 'equality' bit for women's comedy. much like every show seems to need a token black, homosexual, or asian person, or heaven forbid, a ginger person,when the theme or script doesn't call for it.

Just like every cycling forum needs a few token prannocks so that the rest of us can feel superior?

Noodley

I don't think she is funny at all.
But at the same time I cannot think of many people on TV at present who I think are funny, so she does not stand out in that regard.
I saw John Bishop on TV a few weeks ago and whilst I didn't think he was funny he seemed like a decent bloke - not that being a decent bloke is particularly difficult thng to do.

Can anyone recommend someone on TV who is funny? Apart from Miranda and John Bishop who are not :laugh:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
bbc and other british channels can't do comedy...? eh?

miranda, green wing, fresh meat, spies, how do you want me, getting on, comic strip presents.... etc., etc.. have all made me snort brown beer, tea and coffee over myself. I don't think I've laughed out loud at US comedy since the early days of Roseanne.

as for stand up, ross noble 'rocks my world'

Ashtrayhead

Über Member
I don't think she is funny at all.
But at the same time I cannot think of many people on TV at present who I think are funny, so she does not stand out in that regard.
I saw John Bishop on TV a few weeks ago and whilst I didn't think he was funny he seemed like a decent bloke - not that being a decent bloke is particularly difficult thng to do.

Can anyone recommend someone on TV who is funny? Apart from Miranda and John Bishop who are not :laugh:

Tim Vine, Al Murray, Harry Hill, that posh bloke off the Direct Line ads.

Classic US comedy series worth watching that have regular re-runs are Seinfeld and The King of Queens

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Yes. She was brilliant in Nick Frost's series set on a spaceship (which google tells me was called Hyperdrive) and she's very good in her own show.

That show was quite possibly the least funny comedy I had seen on TV for some time. Spaced in space, it was not...

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
It would appear that it's not cool to admit to enjoying TV comedy these days.... I'm not cool then!

I still love watching the same repeats of dinnerladies.

Noodley

It would appear that it's not cool to admit to enjoying TV comedy these days.... I'm not cool then!

What recent TV comedy do you watch?

I liked dinnerladies, not enough to want to watch it over and over but I would class it as funny.

Belly

Miranda Hart doesn't make me laugh. But she is a million times funnier than Sue Perkins.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
The show 'Miranda' occasionally makes me laugh, but not as often as you'd want from a comedy... I was surprised it was on sort of in a prime slot... I think she writes most/all of it, so perhaps credit due/blame to be apportioned there
smile.gif

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Noodley, I like a lot of things, Mock the Week, Comedy Roadshow, Have I got News for You [but Paul Merton irritates me most weeks now.] Radio 4 Comedy, Sandy Toksvig's News Quiz. Miranda was funny but it's all a bit similar now.

dinnerladies and gavin and stacey we have as boxed sets, most of the re-runs on Dave- things like vicar of dibley, frazier, 'allo 'allo, red dwarf and Yes Minister/Prime Minister which remains scarily accurate.

There's new stuff that we watch following recommendations from friends that I don't know the names of yet!...

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.

Yes, anything with Victoria Wood in it is likely to be good!

Miranda Hart doesn't make me laugh. But she is a million times funnier than Sue Perkins.

Who?

I wish Sue Perkins would do a bit more comedy and a bit less farting around with the loathsome Giles Coren and being superfluous to baking competitions. She's a good stand up comic.

Oh, her!!

Wasn't she in 'Smack The Pony?' (or whatever it was called), I always found that oddly amusing.

Drop The Dead Donkey always made me laugh too, as did, the greatest of them all, Father Ted!

Top Bottom