Miranda Hart Comedienne

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thnurg

Rebel without a clue
If you think Miranda Hart is really bad you've probably never seen the Karen Dunbar show.

She had some funny moments performing other people's material in Chewing the Fat but her own stuff is awful.

Never.got into Miranda hart. Not that funny. Most comedians/iennes raise some sort of laugh with me but not her. John bishop ok in small doses. Its always been the case where we see saturation coverage of comedians to the extent that they become unfunny. Best sitcom at the moment is outnumbered.

OP
OP
B

brokenflipflop

Veteran
[QUOTE 1579910"]
I agree. This is probably the funniest thing on tv at the moment.

Though Dame Edna on the Rob Brydon show was hilarious.
[/quote]

+1

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
You're thinking of Doon Mackichan I think.

Ah right, now that I see it again you are right, thanks.

I put Miranda Hart in the same box as Mitchell and Webb, unfunny boring sell outs who voiceover 90% of radio adverts on Talksport.

I found some of Mitchell and Webb funny.... up until I was in hospital and one of the other guys in the room/ward, decided to listen to it on Radio 4 one night when we were trying to sleep. The problem was that he was half deaf and didn't realise just how loud he had it blasting out of his earphones.

Maybe it was one of their worse radio shows, but it was utter pish from start to finish when the nurse came in and politely told him to turn the volume down :whistle:

The interaction between David Mitchell and Lee Mack on "Would I Lie to You"is often inspired.

That is good, I'll admit, and Lee often adds to it all with his facial expressions and body language :biggrin:

[QUOTE 1579909"]
it was, but now the children have grown up they're not cute and funny any more. The innocence has gone and you can see that they're now doing a job rather than just talking as children would.
[/quote]

Yes I have only seen small bits of it, but I remember the little girl (and youngest) being fairly amusing in the past. Now they largely come across as being a bit obnoxious, although there are still some laughable moments.

[QUOTE 1579910"]
I agree. This is probably the funniest thing on tv at the moment.
[/quote]

Even my parents like it, so it must be good! :wacko:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I don't think I've laughed out loud at US comedy since the early days of Roseanne.

The American Office is really, really good. Superior to the UK one, especially once it gets out of the re-treads of "our" episodes. Steve Carrell is brilliant in it, and the cast around him are really good.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Modern Family - some truly laugh out loud moments

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I find comedy which derives it's humour by laughing at people is uncomfortable, so it does get limiting when I feel sorry for the characters rather than find them funny. So, Fawlty Towers, The Office, the first series of BlackAdder and the like don't do it for me.

There's something in that, although I think the better comedy of this sort has the "laugher" as a somewhat pathetic figure in their own right. Basil Fawlty bullies Manuel, but is a henpecked, ineffectual man with delusions of grandeur. I think Richard Herring has talked about it as "punching upwards", i.e. the people who are the butt are more more successful, more powerful, than the person making the joke and so on). I think that's one of the reasons Ricky Gervais' stuff (not so much the office, more the stuff with Karl Pilkington) makes me uneasy.

Did anyone catch the brief run of John Finnemore's Souvenir programme? A bit uneven in some episodes, but I really enjoyed that.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Comedy is weird.

I'd rather go for a run than watch John Bishop or Peter Kay (and I loathe running) yet their dvds and books top the charts. I'd say they're unfunny, but countless Britons disagree, evidently.

I like Miranda, personally, although I've not heard this stint on Radio Two, I enjoyed the shows she co-hosted with John Holmes.

I agree with your comments, also add Paddy McGuinness to the list he is pretty sh1te and I do not like Frankie Boyle. I do not mind Miranda either.

I am not a huge fan of comedian's but if I had to say any that I like it would be, Reginald D. Hunter, Doug Stanhope, and Harry Hill.

Then again Chubby Brown has been getting away with bringing out shite dvd's for years at christmas. How he is considered remotely funny is totally beyond me :rolleyes:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
However, "The Bing Bang Theory" is the funniest thing on TV at the moment :smile:

There are some things that are popular and you don't really get why, and some things that are deservedly popular, and that's definitely one of the latter. It reminds me a bit of Third Rock from the Sun (but with geeks instead of aliens...). And working in a university, I get the added bonus of the comedy of 'recognition' (and it's sometimes a little close to home too!).

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
Well, she did that relay thing a year or so ago, but does anyone know she's actually ever been on a bike since the camera crew finished their filming :whistle:

She helped organise Cycletta.

I bloody love Miranda. There are a lot of crappy comedy shows out there (I'm looking at you, My Family & Two Pints...) but it really makes me laugh a lot.

Funniest thing on TV HAS to be IT Crowd. Can't wait for the new series!

Top Bottom