Miranda Hart Comedienne

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I'm a Miranda fan - from Hyperdrive to 'Miranda Hart's Joke Shop' on Radio 4 to the TV series based on the radio series.

Each to their own, I suppose. I like my comedy from the darkest black to the filthiest to the classic British sitcoms. Miranda fits right in as she simply makes me laugh, and there's nothing better than a good laugh to make the day brighter.

On a separate note, I wish the BBC would bring back We Are Klang. That was brilliant and they canned it, yet bizarrely kept producing utter mince like 'My Family'. Oh yeah, and bring back 'Double Science' on Radio4 with Justin Edwards & Ben Willbond. One measly series before you killed that too. Someone in the BBC has very poor taste in comedy (well, compared to my tastes!!!)

OP
OP
B

brokenflipflop

Veteran
So, just to recap. Downton Abbey has more comedy content than Miranda.

Actually Maggie Smith IS funnier than Miranda Hart

biggrin.gif

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I thought Miranda Hart was good in Hyperdrive too. She's a talented comedy actress. Perhaps she not a talented comedy writer though.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
yet bizarrely kept producing utter mince like 'My Family'.

Along with Little Britain, 'My Superhero' or whatever it was called, that thing with the guy from the 'FREE CAKES' Insurance advert with the 'tasche that looks like a turd, and...... um... Mitchell and Webb :biggrin:

Oh yeah, and bring back 'Double Science' on Radio4 with Justin Edwards & Ben Willbond. One measly series before you killed that too. Someone in the BBC has very poor taste in comedy (well, compared to my tastes!!!)

I know it was immature nonsense (albeit clever immature nonsense), but I do wish they would bring back

'I'm Sorry, I Haven't a Clue'

Can they find someone else with same gravitas as Humph though?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I know it was immature nonsense (albeit clever immature nonsense), but I do wish they would bring back

'I'm Sorry, I Haven't a Clue'

Can they find someone else with same gravitas as Humph though?

Where have you been hiding?

There have been any number of new series since Humph passed, mainly with Jack Dee as chairman.

Top Bottom