Miranda Hart Comedienne

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Tim Minchin is my current favourite ginger, bloody funny too! Big fan of Rich Hall, Russel Kane and Jack Whitehall - but mainly their live stuff rather than the edited for tv set pieces. Can't stand Miranda. There are some great new female comedians doing the rounds in the London clubs at the moment, sadly I doubt they'll get the kind of air time she does!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
There are some great new female comedians doing the rounds in the London clubs at the moment, sadly I doubt they'll get the kind of air time she does!

Share Becs, SHARE!

Share Becs, SHARE!

Check out the listings for the 99 Club in London - most of the girls on there are pretty good. Lorretta Maine is mad but great, Andi Osho has been really good there too, although she seems to repeat her material a lot on Mock the week et al. There's a chap called Will Smith who's great and Nick Revel is pretty cool (he co-wrote drop the dead donkey). In fact the 99 club is well worth a visit - especially mid week when it is cheap!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Cheers Becs - I'm not in London, but will definitely keep an eye out for the names.

Don't know if you already get it, but Revel is a regualr guest on "No Pressure to Be Funny", the British Comedy Guide's panel game podcast.

Cheers Becs - I'm not in London, but will definitely keep an eye out for the names.

Don't know if you already get it, but Revel is a regualr guest on "No Pressure to Be Funny", the British Comedy Guide's panel game podcast.

I'll have to check that out. www.99clubcomedy.com I've never had a bad night there - in fact I always used to use it as a venue for match.com dates so I could be sure I'd have a good night even if the chap turned out to be a pr*ck :biggrin:

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
MissTillyFlop is a very bad person.

But laugh? Nearly . . .

Hey, I didn't write it!

And it wasn't even special Olympics which I posted (I have some decency, somewhere in here, I think), it was Craig Christ, which I really can't understand how people can get upset about.

OP
OP
B

brokenflipflop

Veteran
Hey bff, you advocating that we all joining your naked splendour?

There's nothing wrong with poncing around in the altogether
blush.gif

It is not "an objective fact" by virtue of the fact that it is an opinion. I don't need to preface everything I say with "I think" or "I believe"; it is quite obvious that I think it because I am saying it.

True, but it makes you look like a thoughtless idiot (in my opinion). I put "in my opinion", there because that is what it is, an opinion. I have no idea whether you actually are an idiot or not.

I happen to think that Miranda Hart can be very funny at times.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I do like Miranda's prat-falls.... in fact anybody's... remember Nancy Reagan's? [H+S note: no Reagans were hurt during filming]
biggrin.gif

twowheelsgood

Middle of the road, familiar, unchallenging. Like all Saturday night tv. Mogadon for the masses, as someone better than me once said.

But that doesn't have to mean poor quality for example "one foot in the grave" and "keeping up appearances". It is possible to make mass appeal but quality comedy.

I actually hated the latter but I understood it wasn't aimed at me (my grandmother would cackle along with it) and had an extremely talented actress as the main character.

Miranda strikes me as being an overgrown school kid trying to be funny but failing. The sad thing is there are probably more genuinely funny women around than ever for example Shappi Khorsandi and Sarah Millican.

Top Bottom