Mis - sold Endowment policy ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pubrunner

Legendary Member
At home, of late, we've been subjected to quite a number of nuisance phone calls. Usually, there is a pause before they say anything. We registered (forgotten where ^_^) so we wouldn't receive these calls, but we get as many as ever. They always withhold their numbers.

Last night, I had a telephone call from a bod asking me if I'd ever had an Endowment Policy.

To cut a long story short, he stated that it was almost certainly 'mis-sold' and even if it wasn't :whistle: , he reckoned he'd have a strong chance of getting some money back for me.

He said that he'd do all the paperwork (couldn't I do this myself?) and that it wouldn't cost me anything. When I asked him what he was expecting to get from this, he said "42%" :eek:.

I decided not to waste his (or my own) time and told him that I wasn't interested. He said "You could be missing out on 'free' 'big' money".

I think I've done the right thing in refusing his help in regaining 'what is rightfully mine'. I'm not sure why or how, but I just got a bad feeling during and after the phone call.

Anyone else experienced this ?

If so, did you refuse, or did you get a mega-payout ?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
No offence to you, pubrunner, but surely these 'on spec' calls trying to drum up spurious business form the fag end of the compensation culture, staffed by poor spotty numpties on their first job after school, who don't even know what 'endowment' means (beyond thinking it might be something to do with how big your penis is) are now cliches of cliches?
Is this the first time time you've come across the very idea of such calls? I find it hard to believe.
So you obviouslty spend too much time on your bicycle, and need to stay in more :smile::thumbsup:

OP
OP
pubrunner

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Is this the first time time you've come across the very idea of such calls? I find it hard to believe.

It genuinely is the first time I've had such a call . . . . . . . I'm usually very quick at putting down the receiver.

So you obviously spend too much time on your bicycle, and need to stay in more

My waistline says otherwise :thumbsup:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Fnaar's on the money as per, but I would add that if you were sold an endowment, it's at least worth looking into your chances of getting compensation. I did, and a two para letter brought me an instant offer and a pretty meaty cheque within a month. Obviously it depends on your circs, but a helluva lot of these things were mis-sold, and there's recourse available.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Log the number in your address book as "nuisance caller" so that next time they call you won't answer. Unfortunately now that you've spoken with them you've gone and confirmed that the number is live so they will sell it on to another bunch of scumbags who will sell it on again.... and again... so you'd better have plenty of spaces in your address book to add the new nuisance numbers as they come in.

I know this because my neighbour, a shady character who sails VERY close to the wind on compliance, is currently making an absolute fortune out of reclaiming mis-sold PPI insurance and did very well out of mis-sold endowments a few years back. He is a rogue and a liar, we know that because my wife worked for him for a while (shudders).

On the mis-sold endowment, you are probably too late to claim and unless you have solid evidence of mis-selling you've as much chance as a snowflake in hell.

Me:Can I speak to your Supervisor please ?

Caller:Why?

Me: You have possibly committed an offence under Section 17 of the Telecommunications act of 2007... I need details of your Company, where you got my details from and ......

They usually hang up at that point

These on spec callers are trying it on. My Mum gets them telling her that her computer is infected. She does not have a computer!

So even if you have a legit claim dont go with these crooks as it encourages more pestering calls.

I have had a PPI refund but not dealt with endowment. Must be one of these consumer websites out there Martin Lewis or whatever that can confirm if there is anything for you. If so it is just filling in a form I am sure.

pplpilot

Guru
one day I'm going to learn this verbatim and put an British slant on it -

PpPete

Legendary Member
These on spec callers are trying it on. My Mum gets them telling her that her computer is infected. She does not have a computer!
I get a lot of those.
I used to respond by explaining that we had several computers in the house, and that they needed to give me the IP addres of the one that was "infected". But that got boring because none of them knew what I was talking about.
Now I just ask them if it's the one upstairs or the one downstairs.

GM

Legendary Member
That's a coincidence, just reading this thread and I get a call from someone wanting to sell me Home Insurance. Not only are they rogues, they're mind readers as well.

byegad

Legendary Member
I tell them they need to speak to the Officer i/c of computing, Inspector Frost is the one I use at the moment. That usually ends the call with a distinct click from their end.

Top Bottom