Miserable

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
It's true. not having a bike makes you miserable.
And having one makes you want to have more. :okay:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hi and welcome to CC @josgard!
Did you mean to post in electric bikes or would you like me to move the thread to general for better exposure :welcome:

OP
OP
josgard

josgard

Regular
Oh sorry Pat, I didn't know it went into different sections. thought it was all in the same place. yes please move it to general. xoxo

Drago

Legendary Member
The local pub not being open on Monday or a Tuesday lunchtime makes me miserable.

D

Deleted member 1258

[QUOTE 5261382, member: 9609"]seriously, I'm getting a bit like that, and the more I ride the more noticeable it is becoming, when i have a rest day I sort of run out of energy and can't be bothered to get on with stuff, very odd. I'm thinking it must be something to do with exercise and endorphins, ? its getting to the point I only feel entirely normal when riding :wacko:[/QUOTE]

Doubly so, I would say. Bad luck @dave r

I was grounded for six weeks after my heart attack in 2016, drove me bonkers, not being allowed to drive as well made it even worse.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5261464, member: 9609"]how are you getting on with this ? it was quite a few years back? I take it has left long term damage?[/QUOTE]
Long term damage is an understatement :laugh: I went from thinking nothing of a hundred miles on the bike or 30 miles carrying a rucksack/tent etc up mountains to barely being able to walk 100yds to the shop and back and needing serious pain relief to do that. However I've not given up and still hope to get back to some sort of normal life. Current project is fitting a triple to the Raleigh Equipe with the target of being able to get up to Derby for the odd 'Overnighter' in the tent but due to my time being taken up in the garden it is a slow process, last year I overdid things and spent 3 weeks pretty much bed-ridden and munching Tramadol like Smarties so I know my limits now but I can do things for about an hour and a half before I need to stop.

Mind you when a Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon tells you it was a bad break I know I was lucky not to lose the leg.

Top Bottom