Miserable

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I was run off the road...door'd at speed. injured in the gutter then the truck backed up and flattened my bike. saving up for a new one so It'll take a little while. in 20 years that was the first bad accident and hopefully the last.
I can't click "like" to this!
Glad you're here to tell the tale: did you get something from his insurance towards another bike?

OP
OP
josgard

josgard

Regular
I can't click "like" to this!
Glad you're here to tell the tale: did you get something from his insurance towards another bike?
Believe it or not but the insurance said it was here say as I didn't see the people who did it or the vans licence plate. so i got nothing.

OP
OP
josgard

josgard

Regular
Cripes! And you are in one piece? Well I hope you are.

How did the driver/drivers not end up compensating you? Surely there must be a forum bike we can build/magic up?
dint on my head, 2 rotary muscles in my right shoulder left and still today i can't fully move my right arm properly. slight limp to my left hip. other than that I'm peachy.

OP
OP
josgard

josgard

Regular
Ouch!!
Just short of three weeks ago I came off my new bike here in Brazil, broke a collar bone. The vet reckons six to eight more weeks for it to heal. Or about a fortnight before I return to England, where I have two bikes just waiting to be used. Frustration in triplicate!
Enjoy your new bike when it arrives.
Oh lordy, broken collar bones are agony. my daughter broke hers falling off her bike several years ago so I know what you're feeling. hope you're healing well. lets hope you get back on your bike with confidence. x

Last edited:

Old jon

Guru
Oh lordy, broken collar bones are agony. my daughter broke hers falling off her bike several years ago so I know what you're feeling. hope you're healing well. lets hope you get back on your bike with confidence. x

Cheers lass! Broken bits do hurt for a while, indeed. Started looking at the bike this morning, all seems to be OK with it. The wheels are not yet in the frame, maybe tomorrow I will see if they still run true. Confidence will be essential, there are only two roads away from here, both about 20% downhill! Loads of fun!

Top Bottom