MKS Sylvan Touring Next Ezy Superior black on Brompton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gizmo1994

I have found my payment details for the item but the link has now expired and the seller seems to no longer supply to the UK. I paid £8.50 in Dec 2020 and it is a generic, unbranded item. There seem to be very few such items if I run a search now.

12boy

Guru
Being a heretic I like 2way SPDs. That way when it is 40C I can wear flipflops and when it is -13C Sorels. Most of the time the clip side and SPD shoes let me pull up as well as push down and keep my feet on the pedals. That and standing on the pedals is good for short but steep sections.

mitchibob

Über Member
Being a heretic I like 2way SPDs. That way when it is 40C I can wear flipflops and when it is -13C Sorels. Most of the time the clip side and SPD shoes let me pull up as well as push down and keep my feet on the pedals. That and standing on the pedals is good for short but steep sections.

I'm with you on that. The Shimano XT T8000 SPD Trekking Pedals have done over 24,000km without ever making a noise, engage with cleats well, just a flip back with in Birkenstocks. Plus, properly legal UK pedal with having reflectors, and pretty damn light.

Although, sometimes, it's nice to add these pedals... just for the data...

brommie-got-the-power.jpeg

Tenkaykev

Guru
I'm with you on that. The Shimano XT T8000 SPD Trekking Pedals have done over 24,000km without ever making a noise, engage with cleats well, just a flip back with in Birkenstocks. Plus, properly legal UK pedal with having reflectors, and pretty damn light.

Although, sometimes, it's nice to add these pedals... just for the data...

View attachment 636660
Had to zoom in to spot that they were Garmin power meter pedals 😎👍

mitchibob

Über Member
Had to zoom in to spot that they were Garmin power meter pedals 😎👍
Guilty as charged. They only double the value of the Brommie when they're attached, rather than triple the value of my Triban RC500. WTF did I do!??!?! Have to say though, they seriously help pacing on the climbs around here. Also, Strava 'estimated power' never takes into account headwind, or how many beers you're carrying in your bag! The software engineer in me needs more data anyway! It was bad enough when I had to get a road bike and turbo worrying that UK would do what Italy, Spain and France had done. Although, think I got a fantastic road bike for the money, but there no cheap power meters for Sora, or Brommie. Waited years for IQsquare to deliver (thankfully didn't back). I justified enough, right? Work fine in the luggage rack too.

IMG_20220325_130032292_HDR.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom