Mobile car valeters and painting car wheels question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavgav

Guru
My car is in need of a spring clean. It wants the usual washing,vacuuming and polishing. Also the wheels are looking scruffy,so I've thought about painting them with Hammerite 'Hammered Finish' paint. The wheel trims came off months ago after one fell off so i took the rest off for obvious reasons. I'm thinking about getting one of those mobile/come to you car valeters to do the cleaning for me. Yes,i know I could dattempt it myself,but i don't have access to a power point,so no vacuuming and also no access to a tap,so no washing either. Plus the font seats are marked with stuff like spilt coffee,sat on chocolate and dog slav. They could do with a steam cleaning. Have any of you used such a service and how did they fare? I took a car once to a car valeting place and they devils swapped my nearly new tyres for nearly bald ones! I went to the police about it,but as expected they couldn't do anything as I didn't have proof etc. After that I was a bit wary of such services,but i'm thinking that if thy come to you then they wouldn't be able to so such a thing. Also, do you think Hammerite is ok for my wheels and if so which finish would you recommend? Smooth Hammered or Satin are available.

View attachment 461447

The car above isn't mine,but mine's the same,though a brighter yellow,
Does the owner of this car know you’ve posted their reg plate in a picture?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Does the owner of this car know you’ve posted their reg plate in a picture?
Does it matter? Look at street scene photos in the paper and all the car number plates are visible. Or walk along the road and you'll be able to read thousands of number plates.

Sometimes we can be a little too paranoid.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Does it matter? Look at street scene photos in the paper and all the car number plates are visible. Or walk along the road and you'll be able to read thousands of number plates.

Suzuki Ignis... In Yellow!!!
There's rare and then there's Bugatti veyron and then the Ignis in Yellow

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Mrs SJ has a burgundy Suzuki Liana. Nice car the drive, but it's the ugliest slab we've ever owned.

169751570_SuzukiLiana_Aerio_RH413RH416ServiceRepairManual2001-2007.jpg

Dave7

Legendary Member
I don't want wheel trims!! Especially ones that are held down with plastic ties!:thumbsdown: No,i've decided I want to paint them,like we used to do in the 1970's with our British Leyland rust buckets. I'm also thinking about jazzing the car up a bit. What do you reckon to the car decals below? :okay:

Picture Information
Free postage

View attachment 461448
They would look good . ....
If your name was @welsh dragon

gavgav

Guru

I worked with a chap who innocently posted a picture of his car, on Twitter, 2 years ago. About a month later someone had cloned his number plate, attached it to a car of the same model and colour, filled the car with fuel and driven off from a petrol station, without paying. A visit from the police, later that same day, wasn’t enjoyable. Whilst it can’t be certain that was where they got the details from, the police advised it was more than likely.

I wouldn’t want my car reg being posted online, without my permission.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I worked with a chap who innocently posted a picture of his car, on Twitter, 2 years ago. About a month later someone had cloned his number plate, attached it to a car of the same model and colour, filled the car with fuel and driven off from a petrol station, without paying. A visit from the police, later that same day, wasn’t enjoyable. Whilst it can’t be certain that was where they got the details from, the police advised it was more than likely.

I wouldn’t want my car reg being posted online, without my permission.

Hence my earlier post.. A yellow ignis!!

Top Bottom