Mobile car valeters and painting car wheels question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Seevio

Guru
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQwUpII-fnbqyVwlwO-j6DDfMtaDUYSb_yggTXPA-HvyUJWdCigg.jpg

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Firstly your wheels - if you use a paint pot and brush whilst still on the car, it will look like a very amateur job IMHO. Best if you can to remove the wheels, mask everything off, thoroughly clean and degrease, then use a grey primer (fiver a can), then your desired colour. Some people smirk at rattle cans but if your preparation is good, it can bring excellent results. You also have a good range of colours and 2 or 3 cans will probably be enough if you have primed it well. Look on Youtube for how-to guides. At the very least, if you can't get the wheels off then mask everything properly, don't get any on your brake parts!

Car washing - we have several drive-in hand car washes. Inside and out can be done for about £25. They do a good job (there's a gang of 5 of them that descend on your car and are finished in about 10 mins). You can pay for any extras you want (pfnar), much better than a machine wash

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Slightly old thread revival.

I eventually got some 14 inch wheel trims for my car. I fitted them yesterday and they look pretty snazzy. Maybe a bit too glossy as they now make the tyres look grey,so maybe i'll get some of that watery black tyre paint. Anyway,the wheel trims cost about £8.50 including P&P which was cheaper and a lot less hassle than buying Amorite and having to rub the wheels down before painting them.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
U

User6179

Slightly old thread revival.

I eventually got some 14 inch wheel trims for my car. I fitted them yesterday and they look pretty snazzy. Maybe a bit too glossy as they now make the tyres look grey,so maybe i'll get some of that watery black tyre paint. Anyway,the wheel trims cost about £8.50 including P&P which was cheaper and a lot less hassle than buying Amorite and having to rub the wheels down before painting them.

View attachment 471735

Did you fit them yourself or did you get the hoe to fit them?

tyred

Legendary Member

johnnyb47

Guru
I frequently use cheap shoe polish to blacken up my tyre's. Just apply with one of those small square washing up sponges. It seems to lasts for age's and the cheap tins of shoe polish will last a long time to

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I frequently use cheap shoe polish to blacken up my tyre's. Just apply with one of those small square washing up sponges. It seems to lasts for age's and the cheap tins of shoe polish will last a long time to
Anytime I look at a used car and find the tyres have been blackened I turn my heel and walk away. Nothing makes a car look more like it's been hastily tarted up than that.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Anytime I look at a used car and find the tyres have been blackened I turn my heel and walk away. Nothing makes a car look more like it's been hastily tarted up than that.
But blackening tyres and putting on new wheel trims is all part of the selling of not too new cars,wouldn't you say?:smile:If I went to look for a £1200 to £2000 car i'd be disappointed if the tyres were grey and the wheel trims were scruffy. I'd also expect loads of air freshener smell as well!:whistle:

Top Bottom