Mobile phone/wifi/data and bluetooth question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I am on Virgin so have 'free' mobile phone data usage.
I very seldom use the phone outside the house so my monthly allowance is sufficient for me.
However.......
I have been notified that I have used 95% of my data for this month.
The only thing I am doing differently is............. I have been 'bluetoothing' music to my radio, a new thing for me.
Could that be the reason ?
If so, is there a solution ?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Have you got the phone connected to your home wifi, if not, it will use it's own data connection and gobble it up.

Where is the music coming from on your phone ? Are you streaming from Spotify, or BBC sounds or something and playing that over the car radio ?

On BBC Sounds you can download whole 3 hour shows at home on the wifi and then play that over the bluetooth in the car.

D

Deleted member 1258

No......never do that.
At a guess 95% is at home.

Where are you getting the music from, if it's off the internet and you're using mobile data from the phone it'll soon run through it

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Where is the music coming from on your phone ? Are you streaming from Spotify, or BBC sounds or something and playing that over the car radio ?

On BBC Sounds you can download whole 3 hour shows at home on the wifi and then play that over the bluetooth in the car.
Its a home radio that has bluetooth option.
The only way I know Is that 1) I pair phone and radio up 2) I google a song I want and press play.

D

Deleted member 1258

Its a home radio that has bluetooth option.
The only way I know Is that 1) I pair phone and radio up 2) I google a song I want and press play.

You're getting the songs off the internet thats whats burning through the data.

Is there a Wifi icon at the top of the screen on your phone ?

And in settings you can disable mobile data so that you don't use up data like this again.

vickster

Legendary Member
Don't know what type of phone, but if you're connected to wi-fi there should be a little wi-fi symbol on the home screen when connected

Top Bottom