Mobile phone/wifi/data and bluetooth question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Do we know what the OP's monthly data allowance is?
We don’t, he should though!!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
As people above have probably already suggested, turn off mobile data and only switch it back on if outdoors and no WiFi is available.

I used to have a 0.1 GB/month data allowance. Even now it is only 1.0, but I have never got close to the limit. The phone probably does 10+ GB/month but 99.x% of that is on WiFi.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
i used 47gb last month - all on wifi.....not an ounce of my 20gb data allowance used at all

Jody

Stubborn git
Put a usage app on your phone and it will monitor how much trafic goes through your router and via 3/4g. Daily/Weekly/Monthly tallies.

The other thing is you have "free" data, but do you know how much "free" data you receive?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Put a usage app on your phone and it will monitor how much trafic goes through your router and via 3/4g. Daily/Weekly/Monthly tallies.

The other thing is you have "free" data, but do you know how much "free" data you receive?
his phone will already have that built in, as already stated above - its within the settings of the phone

rualexander

Legendary Member
Before I had unlimited data on my mobile, I was on a monthly allowance of 5gb or something, and despite not using it much away from home I would sometimes find myself approaching my limit, investigating the usage found that some apps were using large amounts of data in the background without me knowing, Google Play Services or something like that was the main culprit.

postman

Legendary Member
I got the very same text.It seems I used 2 bites of whatever while visiting the fil,and browsing YouTube and cc.,It's the very first time,I have no idea how I managed it.So can't browse till next week.Luckily we have a limit and then it stops so we don't build-up a whopping bill.

Low Gear Guy

Veteran
Our home wifi dropped out earlier this year without our knowledge due to a network fault. As we were watching a film at the time the phone changed over from wifi to mobile data and blew my monthly allowance.

We have since changed internet provider as this happened on multiple occasions.

Trickedem

Guru
If you log in to your virgin account it will show the exact times you have been using mobile data, this should enable you to see what is going on.
1638091856838.png

Top Bottom