Mod or Rocker?

Well....?

• Mod

Votes: 44 41.5%
  • Rocker

Votes: 62 58.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Linford

Whatever made you think that?

This project has caught my eye :eek:

100_3852.jpg

It's not all about the bikes! (Has somebody already used that phrase?):smile:

Linford

It's not all about the bikes! (Has somebody already used that phrase?):smile:

I've seen Paul Weller at the Crystal Palace if that counts :becool:
Always more into Reggae and Ska than any other music (Saw The Beat last year also)
Never got The Who at all...a bit too shouty, and Status Quo...er well :laugh:

Never into Quo, but Small Faces, The Who and The Kinks are/were major influences on my later listening.
Some folks cannot see how I am listening to Punk, Metal, Folk and Northern Soul at the same time!
Was also massively into Ska the first time round. (Prince Buster, Harry J, Toots etc)
Keep The Faith.

Linford

Never into Quo, but Small Faces, The Who and The Kinks are/were major influences on my later listening.
Some folks cannot see how I am listening to Punk, Metal, Folk and Northern Soul at the same time!
Was also massively into Ska the first time round. (Prince Buster, Harry J, Toots etc)
Keep The Faith.

:becool:

MarkF

Guru
[QUOTE 2320789, member: 45"]Sorry, I was comparing a 2-stroke PX with a 4-stroke LML.[/quote]

Then I'd agree, the 4T is much quicker. But, it's just not the same, the "charm", the noise & smell of the 2T is missing. :sad:

Linford

Then I'd agree, the 4T is much quicker. But, it's just not the same, the "charm", the noise & smell of the 2T is missing. :sad:

Stick a bit of 2T oil in with the petrol for the LML 4T...hey presto, all the smoke of the Vespa, and similar performance to boot :thumbsup:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Keep The Faith.

I was lucky enough to go to a Steve Marriot gig in a pub in Leeds back in the 80's before his untimely passing.^_^

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
so you'd be embarrassed to turn up to a meeting or pub on one of these smelly old 2 strokes ?

RG500_banana_swing.jpg

What are they an RD350LC YPVS and an RG250 Gamma? They are really cool but prefer the original RD350LC that was started in around 1980 and used to drool over the RG500 Gamma as a kid. The latter is just stupid money now. My mate used to have a W reg RD350LC and the noise it made when it hit the power band was awesome, I was only a kid so maybe easily impressed. Vespa's and Lambretta's have never floated my boat, but everyone to their own I can see the attraction

Edit: Just googled it that is an RG500, don't like the exhaust much.

Linford

What are they an RD350LC YPVS and an RG250 Gamma? They are really cool but prefer the original RD350LC that was started in around 1980 and used to drool over the RG500 Gamma as a kid. The latter is just stupid money now. My mate used to have a W reg RD350LC and the noise it made when it hit the power band was awesome, I was only a kid so maybe easily impressed. Vespa's and Lambretta's have never floated my boat, but everyone to their own I can see the attraction

Edit: Just googled it that is an RG500, don't like the exhaust much.
The bike behind it is the Yamaha RD500.
The exhausts on the RG shown are designed purely for power and not aesthetics. The tech was a Nazi invention to help improve the efficiency of 2 stroke engines, and was refined further during the cold war http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expansion_chamber.
Totally different from a 4 stroke engine. They are long and spindly as the expansion bit needs to be a certain distance from the engine to give max efficiency (whilst the total tuned length needs to be another length to give a broad spread at a given RPM (too high and the pistons fall apart)

Linford

Rocker--British vertical twin with vibrations to make mirrors (I always had 'em) a joke.
The Island was a must in June!!!!!!!!!!!

My brother had one of these (Combat Mk3) .. Was an ankle breaker though (put a mechanic in plaster for 3 months), and I was never brave enough to kick it over. I did ride it, and it did pull like a train. I did keep the revs up though as I didn't want to push it home if I stalled :blush:

norton_commando_combat.jpg

Top Bottom