Mod or Rocker?

Well....?

• Mod

Votes: 44 41.5%
  • Rocker

Votes: 62 58.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wait4me

Veteran
My brother had one of these (Combat Mk3) .. Was an ankle breaker though (put a mechanic in plaster for 3 months), and I was never brave enough to kick it over. I did ride it, and it did pull like a train. I did keep the revs up though as I didn't want to push it home if I stalled :blush:

norton_commando_combat.jpg
I had the Interstate 750 (no elec start) in black. Loved it!!!!!!!!!!!

2bluegp

34jd9xv.jpg

1959 Li 150
Had this in my garage for about 5 years now. Got it home, got it running, rode it up the street. put it away. I will get round to doing it one day...:blush:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Engine's a bit small on that, as a Ducatisti 'back in the day' I was more a 900SS MHR kind of guy.

A borrowed Honda C90, 25 years ago, when I was broke and desperate and needed to get from Lampeter to Llanelli every day is the nearest I've come to scooterdom though one of the new 500cc jobs does appeal on occasion.
My mate had the MHR and twas a lovely thing, but the 750 F1 to my eyes is much prettier.

The only 'motorcycle I ever owned was a CB100 and it was a lot of fun.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
The bike behind it is the Yamaha RD500.
The exhausts on the RG shown are designed purely for power and not aesthetics. The tech was a Nazi invention to help improve the efficiency of 2 stroke engines, and was refined further during the cold war http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expansion_chamber.
Totally different from a 4 stroke engine. They are long and spindly as the expansion bit needs to be a certain distance from the engine to give max efficiency (whilst the total tuned length needs to be another length to give a broad spread at a given RPM (too high and the pistons fall apart)

Thanks for that Linford. I am wrong on 2 counts lol. Interesting article, still do not like the cans :whistle:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
My mate had the MHR and twas a lovely thing, but the 750 F1 to my eyes is much prettier.

The only 'motorcycle I ever owned was a CB100 and it was a lot of fun.
I learned to ride on a CB200, last ?wracks brain - only? Japanese bike I've owned since passing said test certainly wasn't twice as much fun as a CB100

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Not a lot of people know that David Bowie invented a moped with a very small engine and wrote a song about it (possibly)

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
My first post-moped bike, metallic green, a good looking bike, I glued 2 pence pieces, one per segment, onto the vinyl tank strip. I don't know why................. :blush:
Sudden huge wave of nostalgia as I remember, for the first time in years, that plastic strip on the tank. Mine was a green one too, with the cable disc up front, it tried to kill me once near Richmond in Yorkshire but otherwise was a tidy little learner bike.

Top Bottom