Mod or Rocker?

Well....?

• Mod

Votes: 44 41.5%
  • Rocker

Votes: 62 58.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GM

Legendary Member
Maybe a manager? There was no time the group had 6 members in the 60s so far as I know.

Update: I am pretty sure it is Giorgio Gomelsky, who owned the Crawdaddy Club in London and managed The Yardbirds along with many other great groups in the mid-60s. Here's another pic I found of him in the 60s.
giorgio-before-666.jpg

I think you might be right, after a bit intensive research ( a quick google ) I thought it was either Giorgio or Tony Top Topham their original guitarist.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Engine's a bit small on that, as a Ducatisti 'back in the day' I was more a 900SS MHR kind of guy.

A borrowed Honda C90, 25 years ago, when I was broke and desperate and needed to get from Lampeter to Llanelli every day is the nearest I've come to scooterdom though one of the new 500cc jobs does appeal on occasion.

MarkF

Guru
[QUOTE 2319629, member: 45"] They've now got a new engine presumably with compromised performance, and they're now stupidly expensive. The LMLs are quicker I believe.[/quote]

No, LML 125's are slower, far slower than the old Vespa and still slower than the new one, they are strangled out of the showroom. Both LML & Vespa a stroke 125's are borderline dangerous in today's UK traffic IMO. Easily rectified with bolt-on kits though, as long as you have a full license of course.......

Vespa is now selling a "lifestyle" with the new Px's, not just a scooter, I'd don't buy that, I'd buy an LML. ^_^

I owned a 4 stroke 125 LML and it was great, much faster than the 2 stroke and I got 150mpg+, it was an excellent commuting tool with £15 tax and £90 insurance.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
We spend ever more on making bikes lighter and then scooters get loaded down with unnecessary metal tubes, casings and even a spare wheel, and you wonder why a 125cc engine is useless.... cf that to even the old Honda CB125.

...and to raise an example of ill-thought out engineering principles... why would anyone put a mudguard on the wrong side of the telescopic damper, so that the mudguard doesn't do what it's been put there for.... it's as bad as this... http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...fXiD7GV0QXdrAE&sqi=2&ved=0CIUBEPUBMAc&dur=368

Linford

We spend ever more on making bikes lighter and then scooters get loaded down with unnecessary metal tubes, casings and even a spare wheel, and you wonder why a 125cc engine is useless.... cf that to even the old Honda CB125.

Scootering isn't for many about going fast, but more about arriving in style...a bit like Harley Davidson.
Lambretta's on the whole and the Vespa GS160 are great looking bikes. I've never found a Harley which does it for me though.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Scootering isn't for many about going fast, but more about arriving in style...a bit like Harley Davidson.
Lambretta's on the whole and the Vespa GS160 are great looking bikes. I've never found a Harley which does it for me though.
Ah Linford, you nearly got away with that, arriving [at some point after the event] in a cloud of ring-ding blue smoke isn't cool, and then you mentioned lumpy tractors.... you've been completely taken in by fashion branding.

Top Bottom