Mod or Rocker?

Well....?

• Mod

Votes: 44 41.5%
  • Rocker

Votes: 62 58.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I prefer mod style clothing because it looks better on a slim person as opposed to leathers in my opinion. Aren't you a little restricted with rocker/biker clothing as it's more or less all leather and denim? I don't like the mod style hair cuts though, they might be ok on a under 25 year old but on a 50 plus they look a bit :giggle:
Both cults offer good music, although i'm not into soul, more rock and 60's mod/pop.
Besides isn't cycling more associated with the mod scene? http://parkaavenue.blogspot.co.uk/2011/05/mod-essentials-cycling-shirt.html As we both ride underpowered machines?:smile:

MarkF

Guru
Scarborough and Bridlington were no-go areas on Bank Holidays..

Not for me they weren't, they were go-go areas!:dance:

I've pretty much always had a motorbike & a scooter, for me the biker scene is extremely sad nowadays. I go to various rallies, both scooter and bike, but at least at the former, most actually r-i-d-e there and are not afraid to have a good time. Attending the annual HOG rally at Baildon, on my Vespa, is always fun.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
We used to get stopped by police road blocks on the A64 at Masham, turning back everyone on bikes from going further east while the Mods were in town. They took registration numbers and if you carried on and they stopped you again they would have 'had words'. never tested the system, life's too short.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Mod.

77658802_o.jpg

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
the connection between Mods and scooters isn't as strong as all that. Mods were primarily an urban thing. They drank coffee (blimey), bought records (cripes) and wore nice clothes. The Bank Holiday run to Clacton was a variation on, or an addition to what was already a big day out for people of all ages. What killed it was foreign travel.

Rockers don't really exist. They're an ontological impossibility. Nobody could be that silly.

Top Bottom