Moisturiser darling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
I used to do Bike Shows, car shows, boat shows etc. The vast majority of pics were taken by spotty oiks. I have moved so much that I no longer have the pictures. We were looking for them before we moved but it's been nearly 30 years and nearly as many house moves. There were no pictures of Marie and I though, we were just chatting. However, if you can get hold of an old Blakes Holiday catalogue c.1984 ish you might find me. It was all glamour glamour glamour in those days. My feet ache thinking about some of the footwear I wore at the events (not the Blakes shoot).
I'm sure that I had this conversation with @stephec a while back.
I thought you were going to accuse me of using moisturiser when I saw I was tagged in here. :biggrin:
I remember you telling me about that, you'll have blokes scouring eBay for that catalogue now.

Was it anything like this? :smile:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Nivea. Nowt wrong with moisturising. Keeps me youthful-looking and wrinkle free. And it's cheap so you can slap it on with impunity

ScotiaLass

Guru
I've been busted!
I was getting ready for my ride today and Mrs S stuck her head around the bedroom door just in time to catch me putting moisturiser onto my face. I think she was a bit peeved because it was her "good" stuff. It's now open season on taking the mickey out of Slioch.
Please give me some comfort and tell me I'm not alone in doing this, and that a rubbing a lightly scented and slightly greasy product into your cheeks is a legitimate part of the winter cyclists armoury?
Hubby uses Nivea for Men.
And he hasn't cycled for about 6 years...

MoG

Veteran
Far to late for me to start with all that nonsense. Would need about half a gallon just to fill in the multiple wrinkles and cracks in my old boat race!

subaqua

What’s the point
Nivea for men in the silvery pot. I was part of a test group many years ago for moisturisers for men for an unamed manufacturer. the nivea is the closest feel to the one which was really really good, there were several that were a bit yucky

Diggs

Veteran
Moisturise twice a day....got a face as soft as a babies bum me...
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it..........but does your moisturiser have a blue-ish tint to it?

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I sometimes use E45 to stop getting dry blisters on my fingers... hate the stuff because it's really greasy... don't know how people can stand to put the stuff on their faces. It's an awful feeling.

Top Bottom