Moment of fame...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Going on from Arch being a covergirl and on wikipedia... what moments of fame have you had?

I once went on a hen night and ended up in the er... Ahem... Daily Star! ... with my boob out. :laugh: :thumbsup: :bravo:Ooops. Well i didn't know the guy with the camera was from a newspaper!

It surprised me just how many people read the daily star. Had people phoning me up all day.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Please post pictures Buggi. Post no good without!:thumbsup:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Gerry Attrick said:
Please post pictures Buggi. Post no good without!:thumbsup:

Beat me to it Gerry.

I've never had a moment of fame and never desired such. I'm quite happy doing the stuff I like doing to the best of my ability. Sometimes, however, it would be nice to have some recognition for my contribution rather than the usual "Praise is the absence of criticism for a short period of time" situation.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Been on BBC breakfast talking about john terry and his antics off the pitch..

Also various articles in the local guardian about school achievements (mostly physics and logical thinking events/ tournaments) *yes sad*

I opened the 2007 Tour de France Opening Ceremony amongst other things:biggrin:

Last week I was in the Leicester Mercury and South Shields Gazette and on BBC Leicester. This coming week I'll be in the Stoke Sentinal and on Central News.

Oh, and I'm on loads of charity bike ride posters around Leicestershire which say "Meet Roger and his Penny Farthing"

119277__.jpg

;)

Oh the fame......I'll be on celeb tv before you know it:rolleyes:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I made it onto Portugese National TV when I won the UK category of the Microsoft Road Ahead competition and was presented with the £10k prize by Bill Gates at Expo 98 in Lisbon.

I also got a mention in the Times Educational Supplement

Things just went downhill after that.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Come on Buggi, we're all waiting with the tissues...;):tongue::tongue:

Christopher

Über Member
I am famous! Or at least some bloke with my name is - a well-known American Christian Country singer...
Cheeky git never asked for permission to use my name either!

I appeared in two TV and cinema commercials for Norwegian Telecom in Norway that were aired for six weeks in 1993.

And I appeared in a full-page ad (fully clothed) for Swedish Telia in all the Swedish newspapers, for three weeks in 1999.

Then I slipped back into obscurity again! :blush:

Dayvo said:
I appeared in two TV and cinema commercials for Norwegian Telecom in Norway that were aired for six weeks in 1993.

And I appeared in a full-page ad (fully clothed) for Swedish Telia in all the Swedish newspapers, for three weeks in 1999.

Then I slipped back into obscurity again! :smile:

You mean they lost viewers AND readers?

"Sfärisk syfte" :smile:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Frustruck said:
I am famous! Or at least some bloke with my name is - a well-known American Christian Country singer...
Cheeky git never asked for permission to use my name either!

Never heard of you both.

Top Bottom