money saving at Halfords

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carpenter

Über Member
I put some Continental Race 28, 700c inner tubes on reserve at my local Halfords last night. 3 of them for a total of £8.85 - the best price I found after a short search.

I had a bit of a browse while waiting in store and saw the same inners at £7 each !

Not complaining, but it seems very strange. I guess it is a way of keeping up with competitors on the internet, but the casual shopper seems to be getting a poor deal.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
All the more reason to do your research.

OP
OP
C

carpenter

Über Member
Same buildings and people - I reserved at the local Halfords, they had them in stock, I picked up at Halfords.
My reservation would have given them more work - someone had to go to the shelf, pick them, sellotape them together with my reservation note and go and collect them from storage when I turned up!

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I once went there for a child safety seat, I saw online for £49.99.

When I took it to the counter, they tried to charge me £69.99

I had to go outside, order it on my phone and then go in and collect it - to get it at the discount price

D

Deleted member 26715

I had to go outside, order it on my phone and then go in and collect it - to get it at the discount price
Eurocarparts are exactly the same

Adam4868

Guru
Eurocarparts are exactly the same
Eurocarparts have so many pricing structures they don't know themselves ! One for Joe Bloggs,one with discount,one for trade.They have gone downhill fast round here.Plenty of other independant retailers will match and usually beat them.

vickster

Legendary Member
If using Continental tubes be very careful with the unscrewing flying valve cores (I’ll never personally buy another Conti tube, they’re an utter pita and expensive to boot)

Last edited:

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Our local Halfords will always price match with the Halfords website - just show them the price on your phone.

I bought some SH56 (multiway release) cleats for my son - £20 in-store, £8.95 online. Paid £8.95 after pulling the webpage up for the staff.

Top Bottom