money saving at Halfords

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
If using Continental tunes be very careful

sounds dangerous:eek:

^_^

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I put some Continental Race 28, 700c inner tubes on reserve at my local Halfords last night. 3 of them for a total of £8.85 - the best price I found after a short search.

I had a bit of a browse while waiting in store and saw the same inners at £7 each !

Not complaining, but it seems very strange. I guess it is a way of keeping up with competitors on the internet, but the casual shopper seems to be getting a poor deal.

Distress urgent purchases are a license to print money. The customer who destroys tyre or tube mid-journey will generally pay a higher price to replace it immediately than someone just stocking up at home for future use. I wouldn't dream of going into a LBS and paying £25-30 full retail for a Schwalbe tyre when I can usually get the same thing for £12-18 online, and can wait for the special offers to appear if I just want to stock up on spares .
I use sturdy Continental Cross 28 tubes in my Raleigh hybrids, paid £2.99 a pop IIRC from chain reaction last year. Have had no issues at all with my Conti tubes and they maintain their pressure for a long time. I keep well clear of anything marketed as "race" or "lightweight" when it comes to tyres and tubes though.

vickster

Legendary Member
Apparently you need an app now? Tried using my card and didn't get the discount
Can't find it on the BC web site though
You need to go to My Dashboard on the website, then member benefits and scroll to Halfords. Then print or screenshot the discount voucher (it’s sort of how it used to be)

Or once logged in, search for Halfords and link to page with voucher button should be top of list

Attachments

• C0220D9F-3935-4E42-9B0A-380BFC6172D9.png
    C0220D9F-3935-4E42-9B0A-380BFC6172D9.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Apparently you need an app now? Tried using my card and didn't get the discount
Can't find it on the BC web site though

As @vickster says:

You need to go to My Dashboard on the website, then member benefits and scroll to Halfords. Then print or screenshot the discount voucher (it’s sort of how it used to be)

Or once logged in, search for Halfords and link to page with voucher button should be top of list

Either just access the relevant bit of the website on your phone in store, or download the "voucher" onto your phone and then you have it with you - they can scan from the phone without issue and it's far easier than printing it and remembering to carry it round.

Top Bottom